Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

New '15 Q5 in shop before even taking it home

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2014, 01:02 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New '15 Q5 in shop before even taking it home

We replaced my wife's '07 Merc wagon today with a new '15 Q5 TDI. Glacier white, black interior, lux pkg and just her style ! However, they found that the A/C was only blowing cold on the left side and not the right. A technician was around on Saturday and diagnosed the issue (needs a new motor for the damper), but the part won't come in until Tuesday. Bummed that this possibly slipped through the QA process at the factory. It was just offloaded from the truck so I guess it could have gotten messed up in transit. So it's in the service department before it's in our garage lol.

On the plus side, they gave us a '15 Q7 TDI loaner that is absolutely gorgeous. Ibis White, blacked out Sport Style plus, with air suspension and the carbon fiber interior. They offered to deliver the new car to us once it's got the new part vs. going back to the dealership.
Old 07-19-2014, 01:33 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by JHagerty
We replaced my wife's '07 Merc wagon today with a new '15 Q5 TDI. Glacier white, black interior, lux pkg and just her style ! However, they found that the A/C was only blowing cold on the left side and not the right. A technician was around on Saturday and diagnosed the issue (needs a new motor for the damper), but the part won't come in until Tuesday. Bummed that this possibly slipped through the QA process at the factory. It was just offloaded from the truck so I guess it could have gotten messed up in transit. So it's in the service department before it's in our garage lol.

On the plus side, they gave us a '15 Q7 TDI loaner that is absolutely gorgeous. Ibis White, blacked out Sport Style plus, with air suspension and the carbon fiber interior. They offered to deliver the new car to us once it's got the new part vs. going back to the dealership.
sucks but nice loaner. can you snap pics? I want to see the new wheels
Old 07-19-2014, 04:05 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great service!
Old 07-20-2014, 09:06 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by zeebow
sucks but nice loaner. can you snap pics? I want to see the new wheels
Put some more pics in the Q7 forum
https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho....php?t=2869199

Last edited by JHagerty; 07-20-2014 at 10:03 AM.
Old 07-22-2014, 05:00 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Now they say it needs a new condenser also.......
So it's going to stay in the shop for another 6 days or so.

Hope nothing else pops up. Would love to get the new car home.
Guess we just picked the wrong one.
Old 07-22-2014, 06:59 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Put some more pics in the Q7 forum
'15 Sport Plus loaner - AudiWorld Forums

thx! i'm a dummy and i thought they gave you a q7 w/ the black package.

i ordered a q5 w/ the high gloss black package, but haven't heard confirmation yet....

if it's meant to be, i'll get it. if not, oh well
Old 07-23-2014, 06:59 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Well you could ask to get you into other Q5 instead of this as it not been delivered yet, hope this is the only problem.
We had issues with brakes on new Q5 - picked up in April brought home and found brakes were very soft/spongy very different from the car we test drove initially thought may new car feeling after after 400km even worse brought back found it had broken seal lead to leak in brake fluid- defect from factory - ordered new seal fixed in 5 days, all good now. Not sure why was this not picked up on PDI, known before would have never accepted delivery of unsafe vehicle?

Old 07-24-2014, 04:25 AM
AudiWorld Member

On the plus side, they gave us a '15 Q7 TDI loaner that is absolutely gorgeous. Ibis White, blacked out Sport Style plus, with air suspension and the carbon fiber interior.
Q5 does not have air suspension. What you believed is air suspension is actually "drive select", it changes mode of adaptive dampers but they are still hydraulic, not air-based.
Old 07-24-2014, 08:01 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by DimaA6_ABC_Kiev
Q5 does not have air suspension. What you believed is air suspension is actually "drive select", it changes mode of adaptive dampers but they are still hydraulic, not air-based.
You are confusing me now lol --- He said Q7 not Q5... the Q7 does have air suspension...
Old 07-28-2014, 07:41 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Don't feel bad. The MMI unit for my 2014 Q5 2.0T started freezing three weeks after purchasing from the dealer. I couldn't use the phone, NAV, radio, nothing. Took into the dealer and they replaced the whole unit. Mine was just a bad batch.

Quick Reply: New '15 Q5 in shop before even taking it home