Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

2015 Audi Q5 Review

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2014, 07:37 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2015 Audi Q5 Review

Original Post

Minimal changes in the design of 2015 Audi Q5 are expected, without major intervention in any form. This policy is characteristic of this model since its introduction, since from the 2008 withstands redesign and constantly gains new adherents. this model is not intended for any big changes.
Regarding innovation in connection with this model, we can say that the biggest changes made in relation to powertrain, so you’ll have a larger selection of engines that will powering this reliable and stable SUV. Expectations of the company in connection with this model are high, they are planning to become leaders at the U.S. car market, in the category of luxury mid-size SUV models.

2015 Audi Q5: Redesign
Presentation of model 2015 Audi Q5 will be this year, on the one of the world’s motor shows. There is no doubt that the new model will be upgraded and improved than the previous generation of this SUV, but the biggest changes are expected from the following model, which is planned for 2016. With this model was, for the first time, changed many characteristics, both, in design and the interior, which followed the history of each previous model. We can say that the model 2015 Audi Q5 presents the end of first part history of Q5. The first chapter of newer history will be the beggining of presentation 2016 model. However, the 2015 Audi Q5 offers improved performance, changed interior and exterior appearance someway.
Platform on which will be built this model is the same as for the A5 coupe, but what is also known is that the 2015 Audi Q5 will be built in three different wheelbases. You can choose new model with 18-, 19- or 20-inches size of wheels.
Although the previous models are interwoven blend of modern design and technology of the future, this time the designers went a step forward and modernize this model, too. This luxury SUV offers comfort and driving pleasure, interior was completely done in leather of high-quality. Many technical possibilities of the new generation provide complete satisfaction of all five passengers while driving.
more here
Old 01-23-2014, 04:42 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts

Hmmnn, I think they stated it well; the 2015 will be the end of chapter 1 in the Q5's story. I bought the 2009 Q5 - when it came out in 09 and though there were performance, style and tech upgrades, most non Q5 owners would be hard pressed to tell the 09 from the 14.
I'm very curious what the '16 will be bringing us. I'm hoping that Audi has done their best at QUALITY CONTROL with the '16 as few things could be more disappointing than having this very eagerly anticipated SUV be plagued with "initial year intro" issues.
Old 01-23-2014, 07:47 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by bob m
Hmmnn, I think they stated it well; the 2015 will be the end of chapter 1 in the Q5's story. I bought the 2009 Q5 - when it came out in 09 and though there were performance, style and tech upgrades, most non Q5 owners would be hard pressed to tell the 09 from the 14.
I'm very curious what the '16 will be bringing us. I'm hoping that Audi has done their best at QUALITY CONTROL with the '16 as few things could be more disappointing than having this very eagerly anticipated SUV be plagued with "initial year intro" issues.
Agreed. and it's time to update this f#$% map on MMI.
Old 01-23-2014, 07:59 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 577 Likes on 483 Posts
Default Reads like a horoscope to me...

A bunch of words all of which are logical--other than 3 wheelbases are somehow connected with 3 sizes of wheels, and maybe they imply they are the same??? But they don't really say much that in the end isn't generic to most vehicles, beyond just sprinkling a few model specific factoids into the copy. I could cut and paste most of the same copy for anything from a Hyundai to a Merc.
Old 01-23-2014, 08:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by MP4.2+6.0
A bunch of words all of which are logical--other than 3 wheelbases are somehow connected with 3 sizes of wheels, and maybe they imply they are the same??? But they don't really say much that in the end isn't generic to most vehicles, beyond just sprinkling a few model specific factoids into the copy. I could cut and paste most of the same copy for anything from a Hyundai to a Merc.
Yep, it basically says nothing . . .
Old 01-23-2014, 09:14 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was actually wondering what language it was written in. Doesn't appear to be English! :O
Old 01-23-2014, 09:46 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Looks like it was written in German and translated with Google Translator into English.

Originally Posted by bob m
I think we can expect better electronics. I sat in the new A3 last weekend and was very impressed with the new MMI interface. Everything about it seemed nicer than our Q5.
Old 01-23-2014, 10:20 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Waldorf
I was actually wondering what language it was written in. Doesn't appear to be English! :O
Don't hate the messenger - I post link to original web site, it was not my text.
Old 01-23-2014, 11:17 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I was not - my apologies if it came off that way. I guess sarcasm doesn't translate through forums!
Old 01-23-2014, 11:30 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Waldorf
I was not - my apologies if it came off that way. I guess sarcasm doesn't translate through forums!

Quick Reply: 2015 Audi Q5 Review