Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

New Q5 2014 tracking info

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2013, 03:54 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 96 Days and Counting

96 days after submitting our order, the Olympian Highway has arrived in Houston with my wife's Q5 (hopefully). Only another week and we will get to start enjoying it!
Attached Images  
Old 10-28-2013, 06:14 PM
AudiWorld Member

I'm more than a little confused, been getting conflicting information and the tracking site has been weird.

Last I understood it should have arrived at Halifax on Thursday the 24th, but it wasn't until today I actually got an email that it had. And the site itself still shows my status as "Ship at Sea".

I really, really hope it's already on its way to the dealership and I won't have to wait much longer at all. I CAN'T!
Old 10-28-2013, 10:18 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Kaitlyn2004
I'm more than a little confused, been getting conflicting information and the tracking site has been weird.

Last I understood it should have arrived at Halifax on Thursday the 24th, but it wasn't until today I actually got an email that it had. And the site itself still shows my status as "Ship at Sea".

I really, really hope it's already on its way to the dealership and I won't have to wait much longer at all. I CAN'T!
I had finally started getting emails from Audi USA's system after the ship had docked (and likely unloaded) in Houston, saying that it left the factory (step 3 of 4). On the 24th (the day before I took delivery), I got the email that it had arrived in the country.

So I wouldn't necessarily take the systems/emails at face value, just that it's at least that far in the process. I expect there's numerous delays in getting the info back into Audi's system when it's on this side of the world compared to when it's in their factories or their close partners.
Old 10-29-2013, 10:20 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Got this from my dealer today

"Looks like your Q5 will be in at port (Houston) on the 14 of November. They have delayed the car one week to arrive for some reason. The vehicle has been shipped and is on a boat. It left Germany on the 18th of October and has to make one stop on the east coast. My guess it must have gotten delay there."

According to all the info I had (and even in my dealer's email), I had calculated that my Q5 should be on Bangkok Highway - left Emden on 10/18, expected in Brunswick, GA 10/30 and Houston 11/4. Now looks like delayed for some reason. When I looked last at the position through marinetraffic.com (Mark P's guide), it appeared it was on track and was close to the east coast- last position on picture. But now when I go to the site, it just last update was 10/20/2013 and ship location is north of Scotland!!

Dunno exactly whats going on.
Attached Images  
Old 10-29-2013, 10:35 AM
AudiWorld Member

MarineTraffic is not always up to date. You have to check it repeatily to get the information that you want. While I was tracking my ship yesterday, I could not get it to come up until it was nearly in port. I have had some success with VesselFinder, but today it is giving the same information as you arleady have. Just another thing to add to the frustration of the long wait
Old 10-29-2013, 10:46 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by punjablion
Got this from my dealer today

"Looks like your Q5 will be in at port (Houston) on the 14 of November. They have delayed the car one week to arrive for some reason. The vehicle has been shipped and is on a boat. It left Germany on the 18th of October and has to make one stop on the east coast. My guess it must have gotten delay there."
According to this information and the last shipping schedule that I saved, it will not be on the Bankok Highway as BH is scheduled for Houston Port on the 4th of Nov and not the 14th. The 14th is more in line with Camellia Ace or Marina Ace (leaning towards Camellia, assuming it is not on another carrier)

By the way, several of us have had a week slide in the delivery schedule. Do not know why.
Old 10-29-2013, 10:55 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Xylar5
I have a week 38 schedule and it shows Bangkok Highway docking in Brunswick on the 30th and Houston on 11/4.
I looked at pwl.de, but can't find a way to change the time window. Did you find a way to get calendar updates?
Old 10-29-2013, 11:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Bürgermeister
I looked at pwl.de, but can't find a way to change the time window. Did you find a way to get calendar updates?
I *believe* they periodically update the website to show roughly the next month of schedules/itineraries. So you can see about the next 3-4 weeks ahead.

Here is the current version. I randomly gave it a "Nov" filename, but it covers part of Nov/part of Dec.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Audi_RORO Schedule_Nov.pdf (48.4 KB, 134 views)
Old 10-29-2013, 11:36 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by 914Audi
I *believe* they periodically update the website to show roughly the next month of schedules/itineraries. So you can see about the next 3-4 weeks ahead.
Originally Posted by Bürgermeister
PWL does update the schedules reguarly and as far as I know, once updated, you cannot get the old information. If someone saved a copy of the week 40-41 schedule, then they may have updated information for you.
Old 10-29-2013, 11:49 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Xylar5
According to this information and the last shipping schedule that I saved, it will not be on the Bankok Highway as BH is scheduled for Houston Port on the 4th of Nov and not the 14th. The 14th is more in line with Camellia Ace or Marina Ace (leaning towards Camellia, assuming it is not on another carrier)

By the way, several of us have had a week slide in the delivery schedule. Do not know why.
Thanks Xylar.
What is confusing is that according to the dealer "it left Germany on 10/18". Only Bangkok highway left Emden that day (according to pwl.de RORO thing). My dealer also says that it has to make a stop on the east coast - Brunswick, GA and then come to Houston. But then its not arriving till 11/14 (I wonder if this ship has been delayed for some reason and instead of 11/4, now wont hit Houston till 11/14). Because for my Q5 to be on Camellia Ace or Marina Ace, it should have left Germany on Oct 26 or Oct 29 respectively.

I have that week 40-41 schedule on my other PC - I will upload once I get home.

Quick Reply: New Q5 2014 tracking info