Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Picked up a new sq5 yesterday..?

Old 01-17-2014, 03:43 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Picked up a new sq5 yesterday..?

I finally picked up a new sq5 yesterday, got lava gray with gray and black nappa interior. I love it. I've done some extensive searching this morning already but haven't found my answer.

I would sware I read last month there was a setting to make the exhaust sound louder in the car, maybe in the hidden menu, maybe under the charisma menu? any help would be appreciated

also, is there a way on the steering wheel or column to change the drive select option, for example from dynamic to comfort?

sorry in advance if its been covered before I have searched this morning but not entirely sure of the answer. I found spijun posting about an actuator in the exhaust but it was on tdi models..not in the U.S.

thanks
Old 01-17-2014, 03:53 AM
SQ5
Audiworld Junior Member

Press the drive select button until you get to Individual. This will allow you to make a custom setting for the user adjustable parameters like steering, exhaust etc...You can also get to this by pressing the car button and scrolling over to individual and selecting it.
Old 01-17-2014, 05:02 AM
Club AutoUnion

Received 49 Likes on 39 Posts

Firstly, many grats on the car - sounds like a great color/trim combo. How about some pics to prove it?

Secondly, it seems the SQ5 always starts in normal "D" mode for the exhaust/soundaktor/accelerator mapping; the only way I know to engage it is a simple pull of the gear lever. You'll see the setting change from D to S in the display you'll hear the delightful exhaust tone. Be careful though, if you're breaking the car in, you'll very quickly get to your rev limit!

Steve
Old 01-17-2014, 06:02 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As "SQ5" above says, you can set the exhaust to always be in loud mode by setting Drive Select to individual and customizing the exhaust setting to "Dynamic".

The other options are "Comfort" (always quiet), and "Auto" (loud only in "S").

If you switch between "Comfort" and "Dynamic" while parked with the windows down, you can actually hear the flaps opening and closing.... The exhaust note changes instantly as well.
Old 01-17-2014, 06:16 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

ok thanks,

I thought there was a setting to make it even louder maybe in the hidden menu.. under charisma or something. I will go back and look to make sure I set up individual to dynamic exhaust... it probably just isn't loud enough for me, my other car is an active autowerks m3 e93.

not sure how to post pictures, I will try when I take them after installing the interior lights from xtralight, another board member asked me to take some.
Old 01-17-2014, 06:17 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by scrmorling
Firstly, many grats on the car - sounds like a great color/trim combo. How about some pics to prove it?

Secondly, it seems the SQ5 always starts in normal "D" mode for the exhaust/soundaktor/accelerator mapping; the only way I know to engage it is a simple pull of the gear lever. You'll see the setting change from D to S in the display you'll hear the delightful exhaust tone. Be careful though, if you're breaking the car in, you'll very quickly get to your rev limit!

Steve
thanks by the way, its really nice when people even take the time out to wish someone else congrats on this forum. very much appreciated. will post pictures soon.
Old 01-17-2014, 07:59 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jlnike
I finally picked up a new sq5 yesterday, got lava gray with gray and black nappa interior. I love it. I've done some extensive searching this morning already but haven't found my answer.

I would sware I read last month there was a setting to make the exhaust sound louder in the car, maybe in the hidden menu, maybe under the charisma menu? any help would be appreciated

also, is there a way on the steering wheel or column to change the drive select option, for example from dynamic to comfort?

sorry in advance if its been covered before I have searched this morning but not entirely sure of the answer. I found spijun posting about an actuator in the exhaust but it was on tdi models..not in the U.S.

thanks
CONGRATULATION!!!!

but

Name:  this_thread_is_worthless_without_pi.gif
Views: 55
Size:  11.7 KB
Old 01-17-2014, 08:40 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Congrats!!!!!! And yes post pics. I still haven't had a chance to really explore my a SQ5 as much as I would like. I only have 2100 miles on it and 700 was the trip from Colorado to Texas. I don't own a VAG, wish I did. Have not seen any post about exhaust. Did see you can enable the ambient lighting,.
Old 01-17-2014, 10:14 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 353 Likes on 206 Posts

Originally Posted by Jlnike

thanks
There are two versions:
CGQB - TDI
CTXA and CTUD - TFSI

Actuator exists in both versions

Name:  ScreenShot121_zpsc76780ac.jpg
Views: 49
Size:  33.4 KB

Last edited by spijun; 01-17-2014 at 01:13 PM.
Old 01-17-2014, 10:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

OP congrats on your SQ5! I sadly gave up my E90 M3 for the improved utility and AWD of the Audi. Dammit if I don't miss the S65 V8 every single day but I do really like my SQ5 and what it allows me to do.

Regarding exhaust sound, it's a quiet system but certainly louder than any other CUV. I had the OEM exhaust mod on my M3 and enjoyed it immensely. When I bought the SQ5 my wife made sure to have me state I would not be modifying the exhaust.

I keep my SQ in Dynamic at all times because I don't really know what the difference is. The exhaust valves don't seem to change unless the transmission is in Sport or manual anyway. Does Dynamic do anything different when the trans is in D? Is there a perk to using comfort or auto? It all seems the same to me.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Picked up a new sq5 yesterday..?