Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Anyone else waiting?

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2010, 01:51 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Anyone else waiting?

Just curious how many of you are waiting on your Q. There should be a support group. I ordered mine in September and this is getting painful. I have read everything I can, I have driven by the dealership too many times to just look over at the couple of Q's on the lot (I have only seen 3 on the road since I ordered). I don't stop, I just drive by and sigh. I did at least receive good news today, the ship has docked! Just a couple more weeks you think?

Still waiting......
Old 11-22-2010, 01:55 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah.. the wait is horrible. Luckily my wait is almost over. Ordered Sep 21st. Ship docked at houston,TX on Nov 17th/18th.. I should be picking it up on Nov 23rd or 24th in Dallas.
Old 11-22-2010, 02:12 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I ordered about a month ago. Still no build date and ship date. How often do you get updates from the dealer? How long does it take once it's on the ship.

Myron
Old 11-22-2010, 02:22 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by kbilicki
..... I did at least receive good news today, the ship has docked! Just a couple more weeks you think?

Still waiting......
If you know the ship is at the US port, ask your sales person to call and, as mine said, "hurry it up." That's what they did for mine. There is a two day hold before customs will release the car, then it's really just how much pull your dealer has to get them to expedite it to their lot. It can't hurt to ask, I'm often pleasantly surprised when I ask strange questions.
Old 11-22-2010, 02:27 PM
AudiWorld Member

Have an A4 and a Q5 in the pipeline. Ordered a month ago, finished production last week, being shipped this week, should be here mid-December.

The wait is agonizing!
Old 11-22-2010, 03:09 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

My dealer emailed me once a month for the first few months and it has been once a week this month. He just wrote me back that it is coming in to San Diego, I am in Vegas, just 6 hours away......so, if it docks today, hold on Tuesday and Wednesday, account for the holiday, arrival next week?? And my dealer mentioned he told them to "put a rush on it" but not sure exactly what that means.
Old 11-22-2010, 03:34 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

yup, i'm waiting too! except that i just ordered mine on saturday, so i won't be expecting it anytime soon. the dealer said roughly 90 days, but it sounds like most ppl are getting their's sooner than that? *fingers crossed*
Old 11-22-2010, 04:41 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by thundercloud
yup, i'm waiting too! except that i just ordered mine on saturday, so i won't be expecting it anytime soon. the dealer said roughly 90 days, but it sounds like most ppl are getting their's sooner than that? *fingers crossed*
Not sure how mine compares to others, but it was roughly 2 months for mine from order date to arrival date.

To the person who asked about how long on the boat the cars spend, the trip from Emden Germany to Davissville Rhode Island, where mine came in, the dealer told me it takes roughly 10 days from departure to arrival.
Old 11-22-2010, 06:24 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by Winter Cabriolet
I ordered about a month ago. Still no build date and ship date. How often do you get updates from the dealer? How long does it take once it's on the ship.

Myron
Yeah, me too. Ordered mine on October 12th, got an email from my dealer last week ... still no word from Audi as to the status I keep hoping each week to hear something about the status and estimated date of delivery.
Old 11-23-2010, 07:05 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I ordered mine 5.08.2010.

I'm still waiting and hope it will be on February 2011, because I want production date after 1st January 2011

Quick Reply: Anyone else waiting?