Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Recently picked up a 2014 SQ5

Old 09-03-2015, 10:38 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 82 Likes on 59 Posts
Default Recently picked up a 2014 SQ5

She's only got 10,000 on the clock and original owner just didn't want her any more. Go figure. So good for me!

Love it so far but I'm hating the clearance between the tire and well. A bunch of research showed me an easy (and fairly cheap) fix is H&R lowering springs. Correct? Since it's a TDI I've found that part # 29001-2 is right for this vehicle. Then again, there was so much discussion about how the -1 worked for some and the -3 worked for others. I'm just wondering has anyone here installed the -2 on their TDI with happy results? I realize it's only a < $300 investment but I just don't want to deal with returns etc...

I did a full interior LED swap and it surprisingly took less than 20 min to finish and completely changes the look and feel.

She goes in to Audi tomorrow for a free "hardware" upgrade. I guess they're swapping out the slow-*** 3G for 4G LTE. I'll report back with speed improvements if at all noticeable. Can't see how it won't.

Any other "mods" I should consider but just don't know about?
Thanks for any help
Bob

Old 09-04-2015, 01:22 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dudealicious
She's only got 10,000 on the clock and original owner just didn't want her any more. Go figure. So good for me!

Love it so far but I'm hating the clearance between the tire and well. A bunch of research showed me an easy (and fairly cheap) fix is H&R lowering springs. Correct? Since it's a TDI I've found that part # 29001-2 is right for this vehicle. Then again, there was so much discussion about how the -1 worked for some and the -3 worked for others. I'm just wondering has anyone here installed the -2 on their TDI with happy results? I realize it's only a < $300 investment but I just don't want to deal with returns etc...

I did a full interior LED swap and it surprisingly took less than 20 min to finish and completely changes the look and feel.

She goes in to Audi tomorrow for a free "hardware" upgrade. I guess they're swapping out the slow-*** 3G for 4G LTE. I'll report back with speed improvements if at all noticeable. Can't see how it won't.

Any other "mods" I should consider but just don't know about?
Thanks for any help
Bob

Congrats man!

Look at getting ross tech cable for some cool mods.

When did Audi announce free hardware upgrade?
Old 09-04-2015, 04:33 AM
AudiWorld Member

So is it a petrol SQ5 as sold in the US or a 3.0 TDI? Or did you snag a diesel SQ5 from Europe? Enjoy the car, whatever it is!
Old 09-04-2015, 05:09 AM
Club AutoUnion

Received 49 Likes on 39 Posts

Congrats on the new wheels. However, I think NorthValley is on to something: it doesn't look like an SQ5's brakes. Steve
Old 09-04-2015, 05:20 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by scrmorling
Congrats on the new wheels. However, I think NorthValley is on to something: it doesn't look like an SQ5's brakes. Steve
Congrats on the new Q! But as said before, don't think the SQ5 came with the black optics package in '14. You mean you got a S line Q5?
Old 09-04-2015, 05:24 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Looks like you got a '14 Q5 TDI S-Line and NOT an SQ5. Let us know how the 3G to 4G LTE swap goes because I didn't think that was possible (well actually I guess anything is with $$$)

As for H&R 29001-2 on a TDI...

Old 09-04-2015, 06:42 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great looking Q5, but like others said...it's not the SQ5. Just has S-Line package.
Old 09-04-2015, 07:24 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by andrios
Congrats man!

Look at getting ross tech cable for some cool mods.

When did Audi announce free hardware upgrade?
I had the hardware upgrade 4 or 5 weeks ago.
Old 09-04-2015, 08:26 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 82 Likes on 59 Posts

Yeah, that was a typo in the title. Meant to say it's a S-Line Q5 3.0 TDI. For some reason I couldn't find a way to edit anything once submit was pressed.

Don't think an official announcement about the hardware upgrade was ever made. I called Audi Connect to be, well, connected and she told me I was eligible for a hardware upgrade. She then told me to call my local dealer and they'll make it happen. I'll see how it goes.
Old 09-04-2015, 09:45 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Might want to check out the posts in another thread https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q5-...rrier-2883212/.
The hardware change to accommodate the T-Mobile system "upgrade" was well publicized by letters from both T-Mobile and Audi to affected customers. It does not change your carrier from T-Mobile to AT&T and it does not upgrade from 3G to 4G. It does however, keep you from being downgraded to 2G.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Recently picked up a 2014 SQ5