Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Scuba Blue

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2012, 05:24 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nice! keep us posted
Old 10-26-2012, 03:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by NABS4
Looking for pictures of the Chestnut S-Line interior. Hoping you had it, but it wouldn't go well with Scuba.
Actually getting ready to order this combination. I would really like the sports interior in the Grey or Tan, but don't want all black, so Chestnut it is. I really wanted the sport seats. Had them on my original 2000 A4 Avant. I know they're different, but love the extra support.
Old 10-26-2012, 05:59 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

hmm, nice building in the background, nice car in the foreground, everthing else looks out of place or out of scale.
Old 10-26-2012, 10:51 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Jusforfun
hmm, nice building in the background, nice car in the foreground, everthing else looks out of place or out of scale.
Heh, yeah, it's a bit of odd background alright. The city is in the process of replacing our garbage dumpsters, and they had stacked an entire neighbourhood's worth of them down this particular street. I stopped to snap a couple pictures of the novelty, and it also happened to be the best picture I had on hand to show the rear lights
Old 10-27-2012, 06:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Wunsch
The long wait is painful, but well worth it, I assure you! I put down my deposit on this car back back in spring.

Good eye! Here's a closeup of that area. You'll also notice that the parking sensors have moved for 2013; they're down here and in the licence plate bar, instead of on the painted area.

Er... I'm not sure. I haven't looked closely at other Q5s to see if my spoiler is any different.
Nice closeup of the front, thank you. I found this pic of what looks like a re-designed rear cargo tie down arrangement. Did yours come like this? Might be another one of those European, Canadian or US only things??
Attached Images  
Old 10-27-2012, 03:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by HZ60
I found this pic of what looks like a re-designed rear cargo tie down arrangement. Did yours come like this? Might be another one of those European, Canadian or US only things??
That looks like the European arrangement, that goes with those adjustable bars they have to hold cargo in place. I'm told that system can be ordered and installed here, but I don't know what the cost is like.
Old 10-28-2012, 07:43 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

wow, I love that color! Reminds me of my old interlagos blue m3 a little
Old 10-28-2012, 06:34 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by HZ60
I found this pic of what looks like a re-designed rear cargo tie down arrangement. Did yours come like this? Might be another one of those European, Canadian or US only things??
I realized I haven't seen anybody post a photo of a 2013 trunk, so here's a quick shot for reference. It's dark in the garage, so it's not the greatest

Old 11-16-2012, 10:10 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Wunsch
Heh, yeah, it's a bit of odd background alright. The city is in the process of replacing our garbage dumpsters, and they had stacked an entire neighbourhood's worth of them down this particular street. I stopped to snap a couple pictures of the novelty, and it also happened to be the best picture I had on hand to show the rear lights
I think he also meant the man next to your car looks out of scale. Can he even fit in the Q5's driver seat?
Old 11-16-2012, 10:14 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

By the way, I never realized how much taller the Q5 is with 20" rims, or are my eyes playing tricks on me? I have the same truck as in the 2nd picture, but my Ridgeline TOWERS over my wife's Q5 on 18's. There isn't that much of a height difference in that pic with your 20's.

Quick Reply: Scuba Blue