Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Service due!

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2015, 01:43 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Q5 Bob
I tend to agree with this assessment. When I took our Q5 in for its initial service, the SA asked if I wanted them to resent the reminder. Being a new owner I answered yes, only to find out it was $30 for the "service". I wasn't happy, but had agreed to it. Seems like it should be included in their pricey service rates.
$30? They charged me $70 because it's a 30 minute job.
Old 10-21-2015, 01:43 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by snagitseven
The $20 Carista app and their $34 Bluetooth OBD2 module (special price for AW Members) will soon be able to reset the service due warning light. It apparently works in their latest beta version which should be released in a free app update soon.

AudiWorld Carista OBD Adapter Group Buy | Carista OBD2 - Vehicle Diagnostics and Customization
Great, can't wait for this.
Old 10-21-2015, 01:54 PM
Club AutoUnion

Received 82 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by Q5 Bob
...I answered yes, only to find out it was $30 for the "service". I wasn't happy, but had agreed to it. Seems like it should be included in their pricey service rates.
Pardon?

You bring it in for a "service" and resetting the service reminder was extra? Thats not right. I can see them imposing a minimum labor charge if the service was done at an indy and then brought over for the service interval reminder reset because the indy shop forgot to do it. As far as it taking 30 mins...More like 30 seconds. Most techs have ODIS on a laptop with a wireless dongle and can walk to your vehicle in its parking space and have it done in just a few moments.
Old 10-21-2015, 03:38 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have VCDS and still can't get the service due to reset. I ran the SRI reset and the warning still comes on. Where does it need to be cleared?
Old 10-21-2015, 04:12 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 93 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by BarryT
I have VCDS and still can't get the service due to reset. I ran the SRI reset and the warning still comes on. Where does it need to be cleared?
I assume you did this and hit "Done Go Back" button?:

Ross-Tech: VCDS Tour: SRI Reset
Old 10-23-2015, 01:49 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BarryT
Barry, I did the same thing the first time as well. Failure to follow directions. When you select SRI Reset from the main screen and things start happening, that's *not* the reset. On the next screen, you have to select an operation from the dropdown menu (options are obvious). Then hit Perform SRI on that screen and it'll reset the values.
Old 10-24-2015, 06:20 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I use a local garage that works on VW and Audi to reset my Service light. Pay him to change your oil, or rotate your tires, and he resets the Service Due light. So it costs me $80 for an oil change, that's about $30 more than the cost of the oil and filter. But now I've got a great Audi mechanic, that doesn't rape me on service, and when it's time for the intake valves to be cleaned, he does it for $600. The Audi dealer charges twice that. My local Audi dealer has a beautiful showroom and >50 employees, the guy that works on my Audi has 2 employees, and he appreciates my business. I've always done a lot of my own work, but you've got to have a mechanic lined up for some things, and if it means paying a professional $30 in labor, twice a year, to change your oil, I think it's worth it.
Old 10-25-2015, 12:13 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 46 Likes on 39 Posts

Carista is asking $5.99 in the beta to reset the service due reminder (an "in app purchase") which seems steep for a $20 app, but then again, it is cheaper than the dealer.

I see my "service due" light and I laugh at the stupid car. It doesn't remember being parked for six weeks without being used, or being taken in three weeks before the last year was up, because that was when it was convenient for me. So the "service due" isn't really due for two more months. So much for high technology.
Old 10-25-2015, 11:49 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Confirming Carista is requesting a 5.99 per reset charge. I understand this is much cheaper than the dealer or vag com route, but really?
Old 10-26-2015, 05:46 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 209 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by rault18
Confirming Carista is requesting a 5.99 per reset charge. I understand this is much cheaper than the dealer or vag com route, but really?
Please fill in your location and maybe someone could reach out to you with VCDS.

Quick Reply: Service due!