Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Need instructions on how to send driving directions to my Q5

Old 10-10-2013, 12:32 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need instructions on how to send driving directions to my Q5

I give up..... I have tried for several days looking for the directions on how to send driving directions (Google map) to my car.

Step by step instructions would be wonderful, i know is possible, i just don't know how easy it is or how to do it.

Perhaps an App would be a great thing addition.

Thanks in advance,

Pedro
Old 10-10-2013, 12:55 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Go to audiusa.com, then to My Audi, then to Set Up Online Destinations/Manage Online Destination. There are good easy to follow step by step directions there. I'm doing this from memory so there might be a step or so that I missed but once you get there it's easy to find what you are looking for.
Old 10-10-2013, 02:48 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by pedser
I give up..... I have tried for several days looking for the directions on how to send driving directions (Google map) to my car.

Step by step instructions would be wonderful, i know is possible, i just don't know how easy it is or how to do it.

Perhaps an App would be a great thing addition.

Thanks in advance,

Pedro
https://my.audiusa.com/
Old 10-10-2013, 05:55 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well i got it, here was my mistake.... and the steps.

1.Go to my.audiusa.com and create an account and add your car (you need your vin number)

2. Retrieve your pin number, once you create your account and (one of my mistakes)i never added my pin number to my car.

3. Once the pin is added THEN you can go to Google maps type an address then on the map itself on the pin that its made click on it, then go to more and then to send, there choose car and then choose under make Audi.

4. The most important part is to use your email address (same one used in your my.audiusa.com account) in the my account block, (my second mistake) and then send.

Once set up is easy to use over and over,

enjoy,

Pedro
Old 10-10-2013, 06:16 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Default New Google map version won't work

It's also important to know that the new version of google maps won't work for this feature. You have to use the classic version.
Once you have searched for or entered your destination, you'll see menu options on the left side of the screen under your location. Click on "more..." and then, "send." You'll then be able to select "car" and enter your myaudi info.

Good luck
Old 10-10-2013, 11:26 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

You can also create a destination directly in the myAudi website w/o using Google Map. Also, once a Google Map Send to Car is complete, you will see your destinations there and be able to edit or delete them. Unfortunately, only 5 are shown per page and they can't be reordered which can be tedious if you have a lot of them. Finally, some Firefox users have experienced glitches with managing the destinations in myAudi. I use Safari w/o any issues.