Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

To those feeling the low speed front wheel shudder...

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2010, 04:01 AM
DrV
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've even noticed a faint shudder of the steering wheel on smooth off ramps with slight steering movements at higher speed - not enough to be annoying though - must be the servotronic steering?
Old 08-15-2010, 02:35 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Dear All Q5 owners,

still i didn't get confirmation regarding the front wheel shudder bug at low speed, i want to go to the dealer but i have experience with him that he said its normal in Audi q5 and he will not confess its a bug and need to fix . but when i find there is a lot of people have fixed this problem i will in force him to find me a solution .

therefore, please if anyone had his car fixed please reply .

thanks .
Old 08-15-2010, 03:52 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by q5.kw
Dear All Q5 owners,

still i didn't get confirmation regarding the front wheel shudder bug at low speed, i want to go to the dealer but i have experience with him that he said its normal in Audi q5 and he will not confess its a bug and need to fix . but when i find there is a lot of people have fixed this problem i will in force him to find me a solution .

therefore, please if anyone had his car fixed please reply .

thanks .
I'm with you! Been to the dealer already and they claim it is normal. Also notice shudder on stone driveways while turning left or right. Based on previous experience with manufacturer, it is important for owners to document this problem in order for them to identify a trend. I encourage all AUDI Q5 folks to bring to your dealer. Otherwise, AUDI is not aware of the problem and can't offer a solution.

Let's hope someone out there has already identified the true solution to the shudder.

Thanks for keeping this post alive!!
Old 08-16-2010, 08:21 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Q5ACK
I'm with you! Been to the dealer already and they claim it is normal. Also notice shudder on stone driveways while turning left or right. Based on previous experience with manufacturer, it is important for owners to document this problem in order for them to identify a trend. I encourage all AUDI Q5 folks to bring to your dealer. Otherwise, AUDI is not aware of the problem and can't offer a solution.

Let's hope someone out there has already identified the true solution to the shudder.

Thanks for keeping this post alive!!
DId you give your dealer the TSB and part number? That's all I had to do and they replaced it. Haven't had any issues since. More of an annoyance than anything but I was already bringing it in for the 5K service and figured what the hell I'd give it a shot.
Old 09-01-2010, 10:58 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I just had this service done today on my 2010 Q5. Here are the work details from the invoice:

"Replaced the lower suction hose for the power steering line per tech line case #LN-510126, test drove the vehicle, checked the power steering fluid level, topped off the the level, checked the tire pressure, tire pressures were within specifications, next removed lower guide connecting licks, test drove vehicle, the concern was still present, contacted tech line and was advised to replace the lower power steering hose, replaced hose, topped off the fluid level, test drove the vehicle, the vehical is operating to Audi specifications."

Here is the part number for the flex hose : 8K1-422-893-DB

So far so good...
Old 09-01-2010, 11:02 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Loophole
This morning my Dealer installed a new design power steering hose that has ended the low speed front wheel shudder on my 2009 Q5.

This is the slight shudder, common to a lot of A4's and Q5's, only felt when turning slowly at low speed, like in/out of a parking space or garage.

Warranty Invoice says "Replaced Flex Hose Per Tech Line - Part# 8K1-422-893-CJ

30 minute job, not counting the complimentary car wash.
BTW, my service manager told me the flex hose 8K1-422-893-CJ was for the A5. The part number for Q5 is 8K1-422-893-DB.
Old 09-02-2010, 06:25 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I had the same low speed shudder problem dealer replaced lower power steering hose and problem is gone. They advised me there is a tec bullitin out for this problem as noted below.
Old 10-07-2010, 08:13 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Q5SLINE
I had the same low speed shudder problem dealer replaced lower power steering hose and problem is gone. They advised me there is a tec bullitin out for this problem as noted below.
Do you happen to know the # for the tec bulletin that is out? My dealer acknowledges that there was a TSB for the A4 but he can't do anything for our Q5 until Audi releases a TSB for the Q5 specifically...
Old 10-19-2010, 05:29 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by asm777
Do you happen to know the # for the tec bulletin that is out? My dealer acknowledges that there was a TSB for the A4 but he can't do anything for our Q5 until Audi releases a TSB for the Q5 specifically...
The TAC listed on my service invoice when they fixed the hose is 659735. The Part# replaced 8k1-422-893-CJ (I know another post said that's for the A5...weird).
Old 10-24-2010, 01:17 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

has anyone seen a TSB for the B5 A4??....

i have the same wheel shudder.... but on my 2001 A4 Quattro....

i have been looking everywhere but this thread has the best info so far....

thanks for any help...

Quick Reply: To those feeling the low speed front wheel shudder...