Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Q5 Panoroof Adjustment/Alignment? HELP!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2020, 05:58 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Q5 Panoroof Adjustment/Alignment? HELP!!

Good day to everyone!

To start my issue first of all I hope I posted this topic on the right conversation thread. If not I知 sorry. I知 new to this forum and this is my first post. alright back to the topic. 😊

I need help,advice,tips,tricks or anything... To begin with I have a 2017 Q5 tecknik package with the 2.0T CPMB engine. Approximately 89xxxkms or 55k in miles.. I am from Canada.

My issue is my Panoroof NOT flushing properly with the roof or weatherstripping when it痴 close. We all know that some Q5s are known to be a noisy Panoroof but none of that ever I have experienced.. but I知 issue now is like I said the Panoroof is not flushed against the weatherstripping or the roof when its fully closed.. which annoys the crap out of me. Last week I went to a automatic Touchless carwash and all I have is water dripping from it. Last night it rained but I didn稚 start leaking. maybe it leaked from the carwash because of the high pressure water they use. But either way it still bothers me because even with or without rain or water when I知 driving through a highway or if my speed is above 60kph I can hear air whistling through it and and when I put my hands through it I can feel the air.

I have posted some pictures to help you guys what my concern is.. one picture is where I used 3 bank cards as a filler gauge. it looks like the panoroof needs to be adjusted about 1mm to 2mm to flush properly..

I have tried the panoroof calibration where you hold the down button and let the roof initialized.. but that didn稚 work. And my last resort being desperate to fix this is to seek help from you guys.. my warranty just ended few months ago ☹️

I talked to my local Dealer here.. and they are asking me 500+ plus taxes to get the panoroof aligned..

Is there anyway that I can adjust this manually? Like loosening some screws?

Hoping for your replies.. Thank you!!

Old 05-04-2020, 07:16 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 175 Likes on 151 Posts

You could loosen the 2 (or 3) torx head screws on each side of the sunroof glass bracket, and perhaps move the glass panel forward a bit, to close that gap.
There is a black plastic cover that needs to be popped off of each glass bracket to expose the screws.
I will need to find a link to a picture of this cover/bracket/screws.
You might want to use some blue Loctite on the torx screw threads when you are happy with the adjustment result.
Old 05-04-2020, 07:21 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by S4'ed
You could loosen the 2 (or 3) torx head screws on each side of the sunroof glass bracket, and perhaps move the glass panel forward a bit, to close that gap.
There is a black plastic cover that needs to be popped off of each glass bracket to expose the screws.
You might want to use some blue Loctite on the torx screw threads when you are happy with the adjustment result.

Thank you!!! I was thinking about doing that already.. I know exactly what plastic trim piece you were talking about.. it looks like a belt moulding on both sides of the sunroof. That hides the bolts.. but wasn稚 sure enough if I should start loosening those screws and do my adjustments from there.. figured to seek for an advice first before proceeding.. better than sure than making it worst.. and ended me up a trip to the dealer because of stupidity 🤣🤣
Old 05-04-2020, 07:25 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by S4'ed
Thanks!! I might actually need a picture reference of where that plastic cover is.. just to be 100% SURE and confirm what cover is on my mind before proceeding 😁
Old 05-04-2020, 09:12 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 353 Likes on 206 Posts

Maybe this helps you, you have a PDF attached in my post # 15
https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q5-...2860839/page3/
Old 05-04-2020, 10:48 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

https://www.audizine.com/forum/showt...hlight=sunroof

See Post#85 of the above, the first picture is the plastic cover, the second picture is the exposed rail (and the forward torx screw), after the plastic cover is removed. Start removing the plastic cover from the rear, and move forward to disengage the 2 or 3 hooks/tabs that retain the plastic clip to the metal glass bracket.
Old 05-04-2020, 12:24 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Thank you all for your replies!!! This will really help me alot! 😁

and also since I値l be servicing the sunroof panel adjustment. What lubricant would you guys recommend to lubricate the sliding tracks and other sunroof components? I can see mine is getting a little but dry..

thanks!
Old 05-04-2020, 02:58 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

There is a special Audi paste lubricant for the sunroof track, part number G 060 751 A2. This is a small tube that fits in a standard caulking gun, to dispense it.
For the rubber seals, I use Krytox GPL205 grease.
Old 05-08-2020, 08:42 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

BIG Thanks to everyone who helped!! Issue is now FIXED!! Problem solved! No Leaks, Panoroof sit perfectly flush just like day 1 I got the vehicle and best of it. No squeaky sound. Thank you everyone! I知 very happy with my DIY and saved my self a trip to the dealer and a $500!! My last step would be lubricating the rails and the weatherstripping but that should be pretty straight forward

Cheers!
Old 05-11-2020, 11:22 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

does anyone know the bulletin number for the pano roof repair.

i called AUDI Canada and they stated that there is a new 2019 bulletin . BUT they cant give me the number , let alone the document.
poor AUDi response

i want the number before i call the dealer to get it fixed under warranty

Quick Reply: Q5 Panoroof Adjustment/Alignment? HELP!!