Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

YEEHAW! Audi to Buy Back 3.0L TDIs

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2017, 11:10 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 61 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by Scotsman58
My apologies for not having read all the way through the settlement documents, or this thread. Just wondering if anyone can quickly answer my confusion on this simple point -- now that we are past January 31, 2017, do we have to wait for the late fall (or perhaps early 2018) for a fix to be announced before we can get any compensation? I'm thinking about trading in my 2014 Q5 TDI this spring, but wouldn't want to lose out on the $.

BTW -- maybe this has already been discussed, but if one does lose out on compensation by selling now, and your buyer gets all of it, then we should all go out and buy up TDIs. The sellers who want out now probably would/could not insist on getting their proper share of the future compensation. And one might get lucky and cash in big if VW/Audi can't deliver the fix.
In May, the judge will assumably will approve the settlement. Shortly thereafter you will be offered 1/2 of the settlement compensation. The other half will be paid after the fix is performed. If you sell after you get the first 1/2 payment, the owner of the car when the repair is done will get the second 1/2. If you need more than that, you need to read the notice that Audi emailed to you. You did register, didn't you.
Old 02-24-2017, 12:11 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks, Dennis. Yes, at least I have registered. I wonder if I traded in for a new Audi before May whether I could get the dealer to make me whole for any of the comp . . . .
Old 02-26-2017, 01:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Lance Young
Does anyone know if there is a way to check whether a vehicle has already been registered or not or if a fix has been approved as to the 2.0's? When I registered our Q7 I did it twice, once to my email and once to my girlfriend's and I did not get any sort of prompt the second time about it having already been registered to an email address or anything.
Lance;
When registered our Q5, we got an email from VW/Audi/Porsche notifying us that we are registered.
To verify, we tried to re-register and were informed that we already had.
Hope this helps and good luck.
Old 02-27-2017, 12:07 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I received four of these in the mail today.
Attached Thumbnails YEEHAW! Audi to Buy Back 3.0L TDIs-img_1915.jpg  
Old 02-27-2017, 12:33 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by BarryT
I received four of these in the mail today.
Yes, I received one today.
Old 02-27-2017, 04:24 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Canadian Update?

Hi gang,

I bought a Q5 TDI October 15th 20q6, just weeks before all the ship hit the fan. I already have 70,000 kms on it. ( I travel quite a bit for work ) hoping someone on here has some idea of what's going on in Canada? I called Audi Canada when the announcement was made a few weeks back in the US they told me to call back in a couple weeks. I called again today and they said they know nothing? Very frustrating...... anyone know anything I may not?

thanks.
Old 02-27-2017, 05:32 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Buying an Audi TDI now..

I'm looking at buying a 2015 A8 TDI. It is being sold in Nevada. I live in California. Any recommendations?? Your feedback is appreciated.
Old 02-27-2017, 07:07 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 162 Likes on 124 Posts

Originally Posted by gcoeler
I'm looking at buying a 2015 A8 TDI. It is being sold in Nevada. I live in California. Any recommendations?? Your feedback is appreciated.
If the car is good, and you are content to go forward with the settlement looming, go ahead. Your settlement amount depends upon the previous owner/lessor status and, of course, you must accept the fix to get any money.
Old 02-28-2017, 06:53 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

What are you thoughts on what happens if someone buys after May 1? I return my lease on May 28.
Old 02-28-2017, 07:41 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 162 Likes on 124 Posts

Originally Posted by e325rkh
What are you thoughts on what happens if someone buys after May 1? I return my lease on May 28.
You cannot buy out the lease and transfer from lessor to buyer status. That is prevnted by the settlement terms. You can buy out the lease and still receive lessor $$, tho. On the other hand, if you're considering purchasing a different TDI vehicle, you would be eligible for the settlement. Unfortunately, prices on used TDI's have gone up around 20% since the settlement terms were announced. This is not yet reflected in the KBB values but do a search online and you will see that reality.

Quick Reply: YEEHAW! Audi to Buy Back 3.0L TDIs