Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

2018 Q5/ SQ5 US Order Guide

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2017, 11:13 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by farmerjones
There might be a delayed introduction of the package due to supplier issues, finally software verification, etc...but you can be assured it will be available. No luxury manufacturer is going to stop offering these factors....instead they are increasingly making them standard
Thanks. I'm more disappointed that it won't be in the initial release because I need to make a purchase in the next three-six months. I briefly considered the A4 but I have a twelve week old daughter so I'm confident I'll need more space. That said, the more I think about it the less I think I'll use the driver assistance features.
Old 01-16-2017, 11:18 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 152 Likes on 103 Posts

I don't think anyone really knows when it will be available....for all we know the package has come online and will be able to be ordered from the very get-go and on the very first cars pushed out the factory floor. You simply need to wait until final pricing becomes available with all of the options. That should be soon, as dealers are starting to get more info about when and what there "test drive" early models will be. I'd say it's more likely the driver assistance will be available from the get go than no....Audi knows this is an important launch.

Last edited by farmerjones; 01-16-2017 at 11:29 AM.
Old 01-16-2017, 06:03 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by farmerjones
I don't think anyone really knows when it will be available....for all we know the package has come online and will be able to be ordered from the very get-go and on the very first cars pushed out the factory floor. You simply need to wait until final pricing becomes available with all of the options. That should be soon, as dealers are starting to get more info about when and what there "test drive" early models will be. I'd say it's more likely the driver assistance will be available from the get go than no....Audi knows this is an important launch.
I too am in the want to buy as soon as I can put in an order with my dealer.

What is supposed to be in the "driver assistance" package? I think the fancy cruise control but what else, do we know?

Also, will we finally get the real parking assist (like MB, and BMW have had for years...) that does the steering like the ROW gets with their Audi's?

Waiting impatiently and considering the GLC 43 (don't shoot me ).
Old 01-17-2017, 05:34 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 41 Likes on 27 Posts

The packages between models are usually "close" to the reality for new models -- but the following may not be EXACTLY what the DAP will contain:

Audi adaptive cruise control with Traffic Jam assist
Audi active lane assist
Traffic sign recognition
High beam assistant

Standard P+ SQ5 features include:

Audi pre sense basic, rear & city
Audi side assist

With the new SQ5 you will have a vehicle that will bring the car to a full stop and will warn you of a cross traffic situation. If you get the top-view camera you will also have some additional help in tight spaces.

The Audi "nannies" are not exactly what seems to be called Level 2 piloted driving -- I guess you'll need a Tesla for that. Mercedes, too, seems to do a lot of chest pounding about their version of autonomy, but perhaps Volvo, today, is the closest to the Tesla level of self-piloting if you can suss out exactly what is included and what these systems do.

The ability to help with lane keeping and acting faster than a human to prevent running into something seems pretty much "expected" especially at this level of car/price.

It seems that the speed of the development and adoption of these systems is increasing. Those of us who get the 2018s may find our cars are out of date when the 2020 MY arrives. Either wait or realize trying to "wait" for what's next is rather a fool's errand.

My wife asked this question: Can I turn them off? She has used cruise control perhaps twice in her life -- hates most all of the driver aids (but loves ABS and ESP).

Me? I want the new S4 with all of the systems powered up and on high alert.

Takes all kinds.
Old 01-21-2017, 07:16 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 41 Likes on 24 Posts

As much as I'd like to have the new SQ5 as soon as it's available, I guess I'll have to wait.

Planning on ordering a fully optioned Prestige and must have DAP and Tow package. Also, I suspect Audi will also be adding a black optics package a few months later (like they did for the 4M Q7 and as shown on the NAIAS red SQ5 show car) and black optics will certainly look good on a red or white for contrast, which I might consider. And who knows, maybe there will be darkened, titanium, or black accented wheels to go with black optics? Anyhow, probably best to wait a few months longer just so I don't miss out on any additional option packages that Audi will add. Will be hard to resist. Must... not... call... dealer.... yet
Old 01-22-2017, 08:43 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does the US 2018 SQ5 have cooled seats ?
Old 01-22-2017, 09:09 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Blitz118
Does the US 2018 SQ5 have cooled seats ?
Ventilated seats are available with the optional warm weather package, but you will have to settle with milano leather seats that will only come in black, and you will not be able to have it with the sportier alcantara+leather seats nor the diamond-pattern-stitched nappa leather sport seats. So that's the trade-off.
Old 01-23-2017, 03:53 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 113 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by larryV
Ventilated seats are available with the optional warm weather package, but you will have to settle with milano leather seats that will only come in black, and you will not be able to have it with the sportier alcantara+leather seats nor the diamond-pattern-stitched nappa leather sport seats. So that's the trade-off.
The seats are the same between ventilated and non ventilated. The only difference is the material covering the seat. There are no S sport seats for the SQ5, just sport seats.
Old 01-25-2017, 03:24 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks for the order guide! Been waiting anxiously for info. Nice to see a new color, but unfortunately just one. And again, disappointed in the lack of a brown interior in the SQ5.
Old 01-26-2017, 07:42 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by adg44
The seats are the same between ventilated and non ventilated. The only difference is the material covering the seat. There are no S sport seats for the SQ5, just sport seats.
That's what I meant by sportier; the material and design/stitching and what not, not the shape, nor degree of bolstering. I say "sportier" because Alcantara is often used in the performance variants of VAG products as well as other makes to denote sport because of the grippier surface of the alcantara fabric. Also, the diamond-pattern stitching on the Nappa leather option has been on several of Audi's sportier S-trims over the last few years. I never said anything about S sport seats or whatever.

Anyhow I was just really complaining about how it sucks we can't get seat ventilation with the nicer-looking diamond-pattern stitched seats. Same complaint I had for the C7 S/RS cars. They were able to do it for the S8 however.

Quick Reply: 2018 Q5/ SQ5 US Order Guide