Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

2009 Audi Q7 Prestige MMI AMP failure

Old 11-14-2014, 05:10 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

bmw coding is a bit different but similar concept. bmw is much more difficult.
Old 11-14-2014, 06:25 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so this is easier... but can the VAG COM do what I need it to do via the modules? and any Idea where the phone module is? I assume its near the amp... but cant find a firm quote on where its at...
Old 11-15-2014, 12:02 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Ok took amp out and definitely has water damage. Called the dealer back. Basically said nothing he. Can do. I searched and couldnt find anything in writing about a warranty. ... seems up to the dealer if they do anything or not...
Old 11-15-2014, 12:59 PM
AudiWorld Expert

are you the original owner? do you have the service history? does it have the original sunroof and drains or the most recent revision (2010+)?

first start there then tell the dealer you're going to contact AOA in regards to the countless TSB and known issues with the roof, track and drains on earlier models or they can on your behalf ask them to put it in writing that they cannot cover the repair so you can forward it to AOA.
Old 11-15-2014, 05:13 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

No second owner, but we bought a year ago from this dealer.
Told him all that... basically he didnt care.
Will get him to put it in writing, but not looking very promising.

The best part was he said he had his "best tech" work on it and didnt see any water... well hell, you have to actually LOOK at the damn thing first!!
and didnt even put all the screws back in it... just two very loose ones... and not even properly hooked back up.

I put a loop in it so at least all the rest works... just not radio

Originally Posted by iconoclast
are you the original owner? do you have the service history? does it have the original sunroof and drains or the most recent revision (2010+)?

first start there then tell the dealer you're going to contact AOA in regards to the countless TSB and known issues with the roof, track and drains on earlier models or they can on your behalf ask them to put it in writing that they cannot cover the repair so you can forward it to AOA.
Old 11-15-2014, 06:02 PM
AudiWorld Expert

did you ever hear a service advisor say "we had the worst tech on this vehicle but don't worry"? it's always "our best tech".

ask the dealer for the service history... go over it and see what was an issue in the past. willing to bet water was an issue. if so it was never properly resolved to begin with if not contact AOA and express your issue and the dealer's unwillingness to diagnose and troubleshoot properly on a known issue that plagues many earlier Q7s.

on the 2007 i owned a long time ago i had three different roofs installed. on the last install they wound up replace the entire carpet on the floor (not floor mats but the entire carpet!). i told them i didnt want some moldy odorous vehicle and it is covered under the labor hours if sufficient water damage occurs. (my issues were only in car wash or if we parked on a gradient so it was never really bad but consider the hassles and time wasted it was the least they could.) i was under warranty and still had to push them for proper repairs.
Old 11-17-2014, 03:50 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I have the history, There is an MMI failure, but the just said, "replaced the battery"... no kind of issues with anything in that area..

Funny thing is, except for the amp itself, i cant see any water in that compartment... its like the water went straight to the amp itself.

I found a used one on Ebay and will order the VAG COM from Ross tech and give it a go... looks like I will be needing it in the future.. hmm Update: seems VC will NOT code this to the car per Ross Tech

Does anyone know if there is a difference in the amps?
4L0035223D vs 4L0035223G I have the G but i see both on Ebay and both say they fit... I googled and found nothing.

Last edited by wyowolf; 11-17-2014 at 01:34 PM.
Old 11-22-2014, 12:25 PM
Uwa
AudiWorld Newcomer

Hello,

I need help i bought a 2007 Audi Q7. When it arrived the MMI was dead. I bough a replacement MMI card still not working. I took the car in for a check and it seems my Navigation module is missing can this prevent the MMI for working?