Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

2009 Q7 issues

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2012, 05:47 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2009 Q7 issues

I purchased the vehicle as a CPO last September. Last month (1,500 miles over 50,000 warranty), the MMI system went out. It turned out to be a bad audio amplifier. I was able to get Audi to cover the part luckily because it wasn't covered under the CPO warranty, and I paid for the installation. I had the new part installed last week and when I pick up the truck, the heat and AC don't blow air. I call and make another appointment. They are saying the fan motor is shot and I need a new one. It was working when I dropped it off, but they said its not related to the work they did. Is this a sign of other electrical issues or just a coincidence? Has anyone had similar issues? Any help is appreciated.
Old 06-14-2012, 04:26 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hmm just searching the spreadsheet I see 2 other cases. Both after about 4 years. Cars of pagpc and 98A6quattro.

The only way the two issues you have could be connected (that I can think of) is Sunroof drains but that would be extremely unusual for a 2009.

Any wet footwells in the front or rust behind the dash pop off end panels? Any sign of water ingress in the back behind the right side access panel. Thats where the amp is located.

See volkspage.net self learn pdfs You can find the location and connection of all these parts. Worth downloading all Q7 related 361 - 366
Old 06-27-2012, 02:11 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by frofan
I purchased the vehicle as a CPO last September. Last month (1,500 miles over 50,000 warranty), the MMI system went out. It turned out to be a bad audio amplifier. I was able to get Audi to cover the part luckily because it wasn't covered under the CPO warranty, and I paid for the installation. I had the new part installed last week and when I pick up the truck, the heat and AC don't blow air. I call and make another appointment. They are saying the fan motor is shot and I need a new one. It was working when I dropped it off, but they said its not related to the work they did. Is this a sign of other electrical issues or just a coincidence? Has anyone had similar issues? Any help is appreciated.
sounds more like the old "You will pay for the part one way or another" trick. most likely the fan motor is dsconnected. take it to another dealer if you can or a certified audi mechanic and see what they say. Always get a second opinion.
Old 06-28-2012, 03:37 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

The original problem with the radio was it would mute its self on and off, then the amp failed. The week after replacing the amp and the blower motor, the radio starts the mute on and off thing again. The radio is also now staying on even after turning the vehicle off and closing all of the doors. Took it back and now they are telling me the MMI console is bad and its $850. Spoke with Audi customer care and stated that the original problem was never resolved. I've also only had the vehicle for 9 months. They told me they can't help with this problem. One thing after another with this POS german engineering. Needless to say I will never purchase another Audi in my life. I'll also be sure to let all my family and friends know that I have had nothing but problems with my Q7.
Old 06-28-2012, 09:30 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Same here

Originally Posted by frofan
My wife Q7 fan motor died after four years, it was replaced under warranty. The amplifier (Bose) went out due to a water leak from the sunroof.
Old 07-21-2012, 10:38 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RAD2 Again!

Originally Posted by RAD2
My wife Q7 fan motor died after four years, it was replaced under warranty. The amplifier (Bose) went out due to a water leak from the sunroof.
Holy cow!
Old 09-06-2016, 09:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default English please?

Originally Posted by Jusforfun
See volkspage.net self learn pdfs You can find the location and connection of all these parts. Worth downloading all Q7 related 361 - 366
Hmm, went there and it is not in English. Can you point me to the exact page where I can download the Q7 docs?

Thanks!