Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

2010 3.0 TDI - AdBlue warning/counter not resetting after refill!

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2015, 03:05 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2010 3.0 TDI - AdBlue warning/counter not resetting after refill!

Hi,

Have a somewhat urgent issue . I got the warning that I had to refill AdBlue a while back and it today passed into the below 1000km warning (saying after a 1000k engine restart won't be possible). Swung by the dealership and picked up a few bottles and refilled two (one gallon) as per recommendation. Says in the user manual it may take a couple of minutes of driving before the refill is picked up and warning reset - but I have now been driving almost a 100 km today and the warning is still there!

Anyone had this issue? Could it be related to MMI in any way? Car is 2010 3.0 TDI.
Old 05-08-2015, 04:28 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Do you have the latest firmware? The older firmware required that it be reset with VAG-COM. The newer firmware will reset after putting the ignition switch in ON position and allowing it to set for 30 seconds or more without starting the car.

On the other hand, 1 gallon may not be enough reset the indicator, if you ran it very low.
Old 05-08-2015, 08:08 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You probably need more... they burn about 3.5 gallons or so every 10,000 miles is the average I'm seeing. and if you were that low, you'll need a good 3-4 gallons to help fill the 6+ gallon tank I think.
Old 05-08-2015, 08:42 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by DUTCH VanAtlanta
Do you have the latest firmware? The older firmware required that it be reset with VAG-COM. The newer firmware will reset after putting the ignition switch in ON position and allowing it to set for 30 seconds or more without starting the car.

On the other hand, 1 gallon may not be enough reset the indicator, if you ran it very low.
What version number should I be looking for in order to have old vs. new and where do I find it?
Old 05-08-2015, 08:43 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Ryan Cassidy
You probably need more... they burn about 3.5 gallons or so every 10,000 miles is the average I'm seeing. and if you were that low, you'll need a good 3-4 gallons to help fill the 6+ gallon tank I think.
I actually almost overfilled it I think. I put in about 2,5 bottles (1,25 gallons) and it stopped filling and when I unscrewed the bottle i could see the fluid level in the pipe. So should be ok?
Old 05-08-2015, 09:37 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Hi,

What I found when looking in MMI was the following:

Software Version:
HNav_EU_P0022_D1

Nav. database version:
8R0060884E_ECE 5.8.5

I also tried turning ignition to ON and leave it there but no luck.
Old 05-08-2015, 10:34 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm not an expert, but believe there are two tanks... You probably only filled the first tank..

Check this out.. scroll to the Q7 section.. maybe it helps...

Adblue with DPF FAQ: pictures, cleaning, and repair - page 2 | VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze diesel forum
The following users liked this post:
Daniel Engstrom (07-24-2019)
Old 05-08-2015, 10:52 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Ryan Cassidy
I'm not an expert, but believe there are two tanks... You probably only filled the first tank..

Check this out.. scroll to the Q7 section.. maybe it helps...

Adblue with DPF FAQ: pictures, cleaning, and repair - page 2 | VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze diesel forum
Yup - that seems to be the issue. Even said in the pdf document, that once below the 600 miles threshold, it is not possible to completely refill both tanks and the car needs to be handled by the dealership. I wish I had known this before!

Thanks for the feedback!
Old 05-09-2015, 02:49 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by carlr
Yup - that seems to be the issue. Even said in the pdf document, that once below the 600 miles threshold, it is not possible to completely refill both tanks and the car needs to be handled by the dealership. I wish I had known this before!

Thanks for the feedback!
It will move from he tank you filled to the main storage tank with a few km of driving. Get the dealer to update the software/firmware, and you won't have this problem again.
Old 05-11-2015, 01:27 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by DUTCH VanAtlanta
It will move from he tank you filled to the main storage tank with a few km of driving. Get the dealer to update the software/firmware, and you won't have this problem again.
Hmm doesn't seem like it fills up in my case though.. I have driven maybe 150 km since I filled up and still no luck..

Quick Reply: 2010 3.0 TDI - AdBlue warning/counter not resetting after refill!