Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

2010 Audi Q7 Wiper Blade Annoyance

Old 01-29-2015, 05:37 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2010 Audi Q7 Wiper Blade Annoyance

Hey Audiworld,

My wife's Audi Q7 is having a peculiar issue with the driver's side (LHD) wiper blade. We had the problem with the blades after it came back from a car wash. The middle part of the driver's side blade - almost where it connects with the arm - doesn't seem to wipe the windshield well. If at all, really. It leaves it completely unwiped.

So, we replaced the blades with a set from audipartsusa. For a while, everything was good. However, today it was back to not wiping that part. The whole blade (not the assembly - just the rubber wiping part) in that area is all bent and mangled it looks like. I haven't even touched the wipers. They've been sitting folded up in the service position for the past few days due to snow.

Anybody have any thoughts? Is the arm too tight or too loose? Can I adjust it somehow? I saw another thread on here where they used a special tool to adjust it.

Any help is much appreciated. Thank you!
Pete
Old 01-29-2015, 08:39 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Not much you can do except change the blade or try to pop it back in the channel, I am testing Michelin blades now from Costco (fit with an adapter included). A more conventional construction all good in snow but they stick out a little higher in your vision because of that adapter. My advice, stick to OEM, just make sure your windshield is well cleared and defrosted before using your wipers and in winter keep the defrost on at all times.

Last edited by B490MTL; 01-30-2015 at 11:54 AM.
Old 01-30-2015, 11:36 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Right on. Thanks for the advice!
Old 01-31-2015, 10:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by HerrGruyere
Hey Audiworld,

My wife's Audi Q7 is having a peculiar issue with the driver's side (LHD) wiper blade. We had the problem with the blades after it came back from a car wash. The middle part of the driver's side blade - almost where it connects with the arm - doesn't seem to wipe the windshield well. If at all, really. It leaves it completely unwiped.

So, we replaced the blades with a set from audipartsusa. For a while, everything was good. However, today it was back to not wiping that part. The whole blade (not the assembly - just the rubber wiping part) in that area is all bent and mangled it looks like. I haven't even touched the wipers. They've been sitting folded up in the service position for the past few days due to snow.

Anybody have any thoughts? Is the arm too tight or too loose? Can I adjust it somehow? I saw another thread on here where they used a special tool to adjust it.

Any help is much appreciated. Thank you!
Pete
Everyone in NY knows AMMO; on his cleaning details for cars.
What happens is that the auto car wash uses the wrong chemicals for are car. The spray covers the windshield putting a thick cover that can cause your wipers not to work plus wear quicker.

Below is a video from AMMO to treat are windshields.