Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

2013 Q7 MMI-3G+ Firmware...

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2016, 09:46 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi,
I'm a complete newbie here and I just bought a 2013 CPO Q7 S-Line and the Firmware running is HN+_US_AU3G_PO556 and Nav DB is 8R0060884AM NAR 5.6.5.

Of course, this is a pretty old firmware and I want to update it to the latest. Can you please tell me what differences I can find in the latest firmware/map from what I have? My GPS doesn't give out traffic data, not sure if the latest version will, I don't have a data plan to go with the MMI, should I get it?

Can i do the f/w and map upgrade myself? The car is still under warranty till end of 2018 (bought a certified pre-owned).

Thank you in advance.
Old 05-16-2016, 03:46 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

Welcome to a year and a half old thread. Outside of 0609 adding street view, the other changes were mostly various software and some phone compatibility fixes. The latest MMI software for a MY2013 that can be updated to is reported to be 0715-2. The software at this point can only be updated by the dealer and unless you can show a problem that an update resolves, they will resist doing the update under warranty (assuming your Q7 is still under Audi's warranty) as Audi will not reimburse them.

In a related issue, if you are in an area where T-Mobile has switched to a newer 3G frequency (you would only be getting 2G), for MY2012/2013, if you have an Audi Connect active T-Mobile plan, Audi will replace your 5F module modem at no charge which includes an MMI update to the latest available version. MY2014/2015 already have the newer modem.

Map updates for MY2013 are also available dealer only and will cost about $400. Starting with the MY2017 Q7 MKII, map updates are downloaded by the user and the first 6 are free. The 2017 uses a completely new MIB2 MMI hardware package.
Old 05-16-2016, 07:05 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Traffic should have displayed for the first 90 days as a trial. After that you can get it from SiriusXM as a traffic only subscription. Ask them for a discount if paid yearly and they will usually take off 30-40% of the cost.

Grey
Old 05-16-2016, 11:20 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Greystoke
Traffic should have displayed for the first 90 days as a trial. After that you can get it from SiriusXM as a traffic only subscription. Ask them for a discount if paid yearly and they will usually take off 30-40% of the cost.

Grey
If I'm not mistaken, the initial (free) traffic subscription is four years on the newer Q7s that have that feature. I never renewed it on my 2013 and it was working up until the day I traded it in (after three years).
SiriusXM music trial period is only 90 days.
Old 05-16-2016, 11:50 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Somewhere in the paperwork it states that the 4 year subscription is for the first owner. If you buy the vehicle CPO or used from an Audi dealer then the initial 4 year term is reduced to 90 days. If you buy from a non-audi third party then the 4 year subscription stays in effect.

I recently tried to get our Q7 TDI (bought used from an Audi dealer) back on its 4 year subscription but was denied by both SiriusXM and Audi USA.

Grey
Old 05-16-2016, 12:12 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Somewhere in the paperwork it states that the 4 year subscription is for the first owner. If you buy the vehicle CPO or used from an Audi dealer then the initial 4 year term is reduced to 90 days. If you buy from a non-audi third party then the 4 year subscription stays in effect.

I recently tried to get our Q7 TDI (bought used from an Audi dealer) back on its 4 year subscription but was denied by both SiriusXM and Audi USA.

Grey
Now that I think about it, You're probably right about the first owner thing.
And SiriusXM wonders why no one is subscribing any more.
At least my new 2017 doesn't rely on them.
Old 05-16-2016, 05:40 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 251 Likes on 211 Posts

Grey
Interesting. I bought a four month old 2015 S5 from an independent dealer in February. It had been an Audi corporate vehicle. Came out of Texas. The Sirius subscription had lapsed but the TMC traffic WAS working but sporadically. In diagnosing why, I talked to Sirius a couple of times and they reset the receiver for me. Turned out the car needed a new satellite radio antennae and the dealership installed one. During those conversations though, Sirius confirmed to me that the car did have an active TMC traffic subscription until Sept of 2019 and transferred it to my Sirius acct. ( We do have Sirius radio on our Q7 but not traffic) Maybe they were willing to do it because I was already an active customer on the other Audi but nothing was ever said about the 4 year TMC subscription only being valid for the original owner. They sure did try to sell me Sirius music for the new S5 though :-) I stream that from the other car's acct on my iPhone when I want it. Usually use Pandora for music however.

BTW our 2011 Q7 has old firmware and maps too but I've never looked into getting it updated. Interesting thread. I'll ask my service adviser about it.
We just use Waze for traffic and when in areas with new roads.
Old 05-17-2016, 07:48 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by J. Patterson
from an independent dealer
This is the key that will allowed you to retain the 4 years of free Navtraffic.

Grey
Old 08-27-2017, 06:26 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

What is the most current version one may purchase for the US/NAR Maps? Dealer shows nothing newer than the version below on 2015 Q7.

Old 08-27-2017, 06:55 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I took snagitseven's advice and have an appointment next week to get the modem replaced. I have an Audi connect TMobile account and complained about speed and the are doing the upgrade (I am mostly interested in the software upgrade that comes along with the modem replacement).

snagitseven said:

"In a related issue, if you are in an area where T-Mobile has switched to a newer 3G frequency (you would only be getting 2G), for MY2012/2013, if you have an Audi Connect active T-Mobile plan, Audi will replace your 5F module modem at no charge which includes an MMI update to the latest available version. MY2014/2015 already have the newer modem."

I will post some before/ after versions pics after the work is done.

Quick Reply: 2013 Q7 MMI-3G+ Firmware...