Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

2014 S line Q7 disappointments

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2014, 04:35 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2014 S line Q7 disappointments

Guys, I really luv this SUV but there are some basic things that I thought this over 70K SUV should have, but it didn't and I am not sure if it can enable using coding. To list a few, here they are:

1) You cannot lock the SUV from outside if the engine is in 'running state'. There are times I need to do it but cant. I can do it in my BMW 7 series and earlier, 2008 Nissan Pathfinder

2) You cannot open trunk from keyfob if the engine is in running state and again I was able to do it on my two above mentioned vehicles

3) There is no lock button on the trunk itself that can lock the entire SUV for you, if it happens to be unlocked and you happen to get something from trunk only, which would mean you would have to walk upto any one of 4 doors and hit the lock button

Please let me know if any of the listed above options can be corrected via coding or some setting I do not know about.
Old 09-01-2014, 04:46 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I am surprised you bought the car at all with that list of issues!
Old 09-01-2014, 04:54 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

1. you can if you manually lock with the key otherwise all the other doors will lock and remain locked until it senses the key again.

2. you can only do this if you use your hand on the button unfortunately i have not found a way to do it any other way and it is incredibly annoying.

3. true. no lock button but your key fob has it and every door has the black button on the outside to lock the doors.
Old 09-01-2014, 01:21 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by geek12
Guys, I really luv this SUV but there are some basic things that I thought this over 70K SUV should have, but it didn't and I am not sure if it can enable using coding. To list a few, here they are:

1) You cannot lock the SUV from outside if the engine is in 'running state'. There are times I need to do it but cant. I can do it in my BMW 7 series and earlier, 2008 Nissan Pathfinder
Great safety feature so that you cannot lock your keys inside the car, also why would you want to leave your vehicle running and unattended. If it was for warming up or other reasons you should have ticked the option for the aux heater.

2) You cannot open trunk from keyfob if the engine is in running state and again I was able to do it on my two above mentioned vehicles
You should be in the drivers seat to use the button in the door.

3) There is no lock button on the trunk itself that can lock the entire SUV for you, if it happens to be unlocked and you happen to get something from trunk only, which would mean you would have to walk upto any one of 4 doors and hit the lock button
You can lock the car with the boot open when passing any of the four doors on the way to the boot, opening the boot does not unlock the rest of the car.

Please let me know if any of the listed above options can be corrected via coding or some setting I do not know about.
You can also purchase a module that controls the boot to be closed on the key and the drivers door button.
Old 09-02-2014, 11:59 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks all for your replies. I will give a try what you suggested and let you know if it works or not.

@Ed, you are taking my post in a wrong way. I still luv this car and those are 'minor' things that I wished were corrected for a car that costs well over 90K when fully loaded. All the things I mentioned I learned after I bought the car, not before.