Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

2017 Q7 Audi Connect doesn't work!

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2016, 05:52 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jallen0
Rest assured you should never say rest assured The Audi connect system is not working and Audi Corporate is working on the issue. I should know more this week.
I have had my 2017 for over a week now. Connect worked for the first 5 days and stopped over the weekend. My dealer is working on it. He said there is a 40 page tech note on repairing it so I gave him my connect login to work on it. Still no luck. Just says please wait. The Audi Connect website says it is active.
The Simm slot is empty on the DVD drive.
I am sure they will figure it out eventually.
Old 02-02-2016, 09:25 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

All, I have had Q7 for 2 weeks now and I have exactly the same problem, unfortunately the dealers / technicians have not been successful nor are they very knowledgable. My audi connect is stuck on a "Please wait" screen forever I have tried doing multiple factory resets and entered the login / key user but to no luck. Google earth is stuck at checking license. Overall the audi connect does not work as advertised, very disappointing that Audi cannot figure this out for 2 weeks. I am in touch with Audi USA as well and have been more knowledgable and helpful. Will keep you all posted
Old 02-03-2016, 08:53 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by pramdas
All, I have had Q7 for 2 weeks now and I have exactly the same problem, unfortunately the dealers / technicians have not been successful nor are they very knowledgable. My audi connect is stuck on a "Please wait" screen forever I have tried doing multiple factory resets and entered the login / key user but to no luck. Google earth is stuck at checking license. Overall the audi connect does not work as advertised, very disappointing that Audi cannot figure this out for 2 weeks. I am in touch with Audi USA as well and have been more knowledgable and helpful. Will keep you all posted
I did a factory reset of all settings last night and I am back up and running. I still have not figured out how to get the iPhone App connected. One thing at a time.
Old 02-03-2016, 11:37 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I have tried factory reset it connects for short time and then goes away...still waiting for Audi to come up with a reliable solution....frustrating!!
Old 02-03-2016, 12:35 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

they finally fixed my Audi Connect. Something to do with parameters in the "computer' system inside the car
Old 02-03-2016, 04:41 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 251 Likes on 211 Posts
Default My SA told me that they were having problems with the AT&T cars---

when I asked her if my new to me 2015 S5 could use AT&T on my mobile share acct. I talked to Audi Connect and gave them my VIN and they said my car had to use T-mobile. I did a bit of reading and decided to try AT&T anyway. I went to an AT&T store and gave then the IMEI number of my car and they tried to register a sim card to that number. The AT&T system would not accept it. The sales tech then suggested that he would try a dummy IMEI number. THAT worked perfectly but it required an new data only acct at $15.00 per month instead of $10 on my mobile share. I asked him to see if there was a way to include it in my mobile share and use the data I was already buying. He checked with someone and they told him to use the IMEI number for my wife's iPad. THAT changed the charge to $10.00 per month and it works perfectly. The only thing I cannot do is register that sim on the Audi Connect website to my account. I expect that the system requires a T-mobile sim card for my car. I can live without the website features for now. Long story short. The issue may really be at AT&T and you just have to get to the right guy to help you work thru it.
Old 02-10-2016, 05:44 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Any Resolution

Originally Posted by rotor3
Am having the same issues on my new Q7 as well. The dealer is not sure what is happening. I am able to connect to wifi but the car would not connect to google maps. Keeps saying trying to connect... According to the dealership the the new Q7 doesn't have a SIM card, it also shows that am connect to the MMI app and its active. But still won't connect.
Hi All

I am still in the same situation as above Audi Connet keeps saying Please Wait and Google Maps is stuck on Checking License. I am curious if anyone has had resolution to their 2017 Q7 Audi Connect issues. The dealership or Audi USA do not yet have a solution.
Old 02-15-2016, 01:51 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Any news on this? Just bought a new Q7 last Thursday and it took almost two days for the dealer to figure out how to get my connect working which after that has been flawless. Then today it now says "please wait" under Audi connect and when trying to switch to google earth in maps it just says "checking license". Who should I contact?
Old 02-15-2016, 02:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

Reset your system back to factory default. That has cleared things up for me today. I think they worked on their computers over the weekend.
Old 02-15-2016, 02:45 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by jallen0
Reset your system back to factory default. That has cleared things up for me today. I think they worked on their computers over the weekend.
Just tried that three times today and no joy. I can access the Audi connect menu now but nothing works and google earth is still "checking license" I called Audi and they said someone will have to call me back.

Quick Reply: 2017 Q7 Audi Connect doesn't work!