Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

22" wheels and tires for a 2014 Q7

Old 11-23-2014, 02:24 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Its just not going to happen with 22" wheels. You'll max out your space in the wheel well before getting anywhere close to making a difference in that gap you're trying to close. I have 22x10.5 +45 offset on 285/35/22. Front wheel spacers are 7mm, rear 20mm. To give you some frame of reference, my wheels are turned all the way to the left. There's barely a finger's width space when the wheels are turned all the way over. Any larger diameter and you will rub.
Only way to get the look you want and close that gap is to lower the vehicle, no way around it.
I'll be lowering my Q in the next couple months to complete the look I'm going for, wider and more aggressive. This one doesn't have air suspension, thinking about going with coilovers so I can dial it in just right. Another option I am considering is
going with an aftermarket air suspension and air management system.

Front right tire, wheels turned over all the way to the left.

Front left wheel nearest drivers side door hinge
Old 11-23-2014, 05:12 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Guys, thank you very much for the advise and suggestions. I think I may stay with the factory 20" rims and maybe order a size larger tire to fill it out the fender a bit more. Appreciate the help.
Old 11-23-2014, 05:51 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by SoCalQ7TDI
I have 22x10.5 +45 offset on 285/35/22. Front wheel spacers are 7mm, rear 20mm.
anymore photos? profile shot? this sounds like you basically nailed it on proportions and fitment.

Originally Posted by ChrisP2773
Guys, thank you very much for the advise and suggestions. I think I may stay with the factory 20" rims and maybe order a size larger tire to fill it out the fender a bit more. Appreciate the help.
again, if you do this it will throw off everything that is calibrated around your overall wheel size. do not do this. in addition to that it will look silly and you'll lose a bit of low-end power.
Old 11-23-2014, 07:45 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by iconoclast
anymore photos? profile shot? this sounds like you basically nailed it on proportions and fitment.
I came pretty close and don't have any front tire rub what so ever, even when loaded with 6 passengers and entering a driveway with some good momentum.
Lowering it about 2" will give me the stance I'm looking for and help bring the wheels right into proportion with the wheel wells.
Waiting on the 4 wheel alignment, once I drop it I'll have it done. The rear tires have a very slight negative camber and I think the alignment will push the top of the rear tires out just slightly where they'll be directly under the edge of the fender, I'm about 3-4mm in. Not sure if there is a camber adjustment for the rear suspension, can anyone confirm? Not rushing out to get it done either, I have no alignment issues at all, it runs nice and straight. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Right.

Old 11-23-2014, 08:00 PM
AudiWorld Expert

two inches should dial it in real well and complete the look.
Old 11-24-2014, 01:49 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Because I don't want to loose the ground clearance, I will leave all things alone. Lowering the truck does look great but like I said I think i am going to leave everything as is. I don't want to start screwing around the factory setup and start causing problems.
Old 11-24-2014, 04:49 AM
AudiWorld Expert

perfect. leave it alone or do it properly. if you start changing tires and not sticking with your original circumference/radius you're going to screw everything up.
Old 11-24-2014, 11:44 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I have 22x10 Niche Milan 45 offset with 10mm spacers in the rear, 295 35 22 tires with H&R springs and I think its the right height and fitment.
Attached Images   
Old 11-24-2014, 12:20 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Here is pics of my car with 22x10.5 wheels 285 35 22 no drop. I actually still have these wheels the two tires are bad but I can sale them for cheap. They have plasti dip on them right now.
Attached Images   
Old 11-24-2014, 06:48 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by SoCalQ7TDI
I came pretty close and don't have any front tire rub what so ever, even when loaded with 6 passengers and entering a driveway with some good momentum.
Lowering it about 2" will give me the stance I'm looking for and help bring the wheels right into proportion with the wheel wells.
Waiting on the 4 wheel alignment, once I drop it I'll have it done. The rear tires have a very slight negative camber and I think the alignment will push the top of the rear tires out just slightly where they'll be directly under the edge of the fender, I'm about 3-4mm in. Not sure if there is a camber adjustment for the rear suspension, can anyone confirm? Not rushing out to get it done either, I have no alignment issues at all, it runs nice and straight. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Right.

you hit this right on the money, I to was looking for a tire and spacer combination for 22" wheels. And oddly enough the wheel are similar to your (Toyko XO 22x10.5) Once I get the set up done will post some pictures Just ordered the rims today !! .

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 22" wheels and tires for a 2014 Q7