Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

Audi Connect for $5/month ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2016, 06:45 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

Yup, me too but no joy. I'm going to stick with US Mobile which is pretty inexpensive compared to the Audi Connect/T-Mobile options.
Old 02-06-2016, 05:56 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought the 30 month Audi T-Mobile plane when we got our Q5 but that's expiring in a month. There and much better options for data plan prices vs. 3 years ago and we have little need of the slow 3G WiFi hot-spot data anymore with our current 30GB family plan allotment on AT&T so am planning to try US Mobile.

But, I was wondering if anyone knows if you can still use the Audi MMI connect app to send destinations to the Nav if you're using something other than the Audi T-Mobile option? I'm just wondering if that is tied to the Audi connect data plan or is independent and available as long as you have a working SIM.
Old 02-06-2016, 06:54 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by pcbrew
But, I was wondering if anyone knows if you can still use the Audi MMI connect app to send destinations to the Nav if you're using something other than the Audi T-Mobile option? I'm just wondering if that is tied to the Audi connect data plan or is independent and available as long as you have a working SIM.
So long as you activated the myAudi account and PIN while the T-Mobile Audi Connect acct was active, you can still use the Send to Car features with the MMI Connect app, myAudi website and Google map. I'm on US Mobile and all three sources work fine.
Old 02-06-2016, 09:20 AM
jes
AudiWorld Member

Thanks for the reminder... I thought the Send to Car feature was inactive because my Audi Connect acct is. Had to find my PIN... works fine when you enter the correct one
Old 02-06-2016, 11:35 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by snagitseven
So long as you activated the myAudi account and PIN while the T-Mobile Audi Connect acct was active, you can still use the Send to Car features with the MMI Connect app, myAudi website and Google map. I'm on US Mobile and all three sources work fine.
Great! Thanks for confirming.
I just ordered the US mobile SIM today.

On a side note, I was notified this week that the service on my 2012 335i is being terminated and I won't be able to renew it. Not that I planned to for $200/yr, but this also means no SOS, stolen car tracking, etc. It's all being terminated because the technology (2G?) is no longer being supported.
Old 02-06-2016, 04:37 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by pcbrew
Great! Thanks for confirming.
I just ordered the US mobile SIM today.
After you receive your sim card be sure to activate the card online with US Mobile and select a month's data option. Then change your connection settings in the car's TEL>Settings>Connection>Data Connection menu:

APN: pwg
User: enter a single blank space
PW: leave blank
Old 02-07-2016, 04:56 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We've got a 2013 Q7 and for the first year or so we had the Audi plan as part of the purchase. I haven't had it for a few years because it wasn't worth that cost. I am thinking though of getting the US Mobile plan but am wondering the data size. I don't recall anymore how much we used. We'd be looking at Google maps usage with no tethering necessary. Any thoughts as to what you typically see for things like just Google? I wish the old stats were still there for display but I don't see them.

Thanks.
Old 02-07-2016, 07:17 PM
AudiWorld Super User

It depends how far and often you drive. If you frequently travel out side of a 20 mile radius and the cache keeps updating, Google Earth will gobble up lots of data pretty quickly. If you just do Google searches and use the weather and other apps, data usage will be very little. I almost never use Goggle Earth and don't reach 100MB a month. When I turn it on in an area not cached, it will use about 70MB in an hour.
Old 02-07-2016, 08:49 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by snagitseven
It depends how far and often you drive. If you frequently travel out side of a 20 mile radius and the cache keeps updating, Google Earth will gobble up lots of data pretty quickly. If you just do Google searches and use the weather and other apps, data usage will be very little. I almost never use Goggle Earth and don't reach 100MB a month. When I turn it on in an area not cached, it will use about 70MB in an hour.
Thanks for the info!
Old 02-15-2016, 01:25 PM
y2k
Audiworld Junior Member

My Audi connect expire next week. Thinking renewal. Hearing lot owner had a slow connection I guess depend where u live. I have no issue watching streaming Video etc. t-Mobil is unlimited (30 month $450) vs att not unlimited I did a speed test on the car I think it ok Bandwidth

Quick Reply: Audi Connect for $5/month ?