Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

Audi Connect for $5/month ?

Old 11-12-2015, 09:03 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I made some progress. The problem was with the SIM card I purchased at the AT&T store. Even though it is a standard size (the correct size), the chip is not compatible for Audi Connect. The good news is that Audi told me they can send me an ATT SIM card at no charge that I can activate for use with my AT&T Family Share data plan and pay $10/mo but pre AT&T it's not unlimited data. I also have the option of still going with a T-Mobile plan that averages to about $16/mo with unlimited data.
The guy I spoke with at Audi said if I wanted to try it out, he would activate the T-Mobile SIM that was in the car for 30 days. If I go with T-Moblie I can always switch over to AT&T, but once I switch over to AT&T I cannot go back to T-Mobile. I doubt that's car related but most likely some sort of Audi policy.
Old 11-14-2015, 06:54 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

So if you buy third party sim and not buy audi connect service, do you still get all the features? Or what is missing? I'm mostly interested in the internet radio options... would this still be possible?

Also, do the 2014 model Q7s have the cell antenna amplifier in the center console?

Last edited by TDI_smurf; 11-14-2015 at 06:57 PM.
Old 11-15-2015, 07:17 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by TDI_smurf
So if you buy third party sim and not buy audi connect service, do you still get all the features? Or what is missing? I'm mostly interested in the internet radio options... would this still be possible?
The only thing you may lose is the Send to Car POI feature (not sure about the Audi music app but you have other options like Pandora, etc.). All of the other Audi Connect features will work fine including online search, Google Earth overlay and news, weather, gas prices, events, etc.
Old 11-15-2015, 07:41 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by snagitseven
The only thing you may lose is the Send to Car POI feature (not sure about the Audi music app but you have other options like Pandora, etc.). All of the other Audi Connect features will work fine including online search, Google Earth overlay and news, weather, gas prices, events, etc.
Cool thanks!

Anybody with the Q7 have the cell phone antenna amplifier in the center console?
Old 11-22-2015, 10:55 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by snagitseven
APN: pwg
User name: enter a space
PW: leave blank
I did. What is crazy is that even after i enter pwg, it goes back to m2m.t-mobile.com. I am not able to maintain the new APN i enter.
Old 11-22-2015, 02:40 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by cyberdentist
I did. What is crazy is that even after i enter pwg, it goes back to m2m.t-mobile.com. I am not able to maintain the new APN i enter.
I don't know why that would happen. When my T-Mobile subscription ended, I went on US Mobile's website to my account to activate the sim card they had sent me (you did this, right?), inserted the sim in the car, entered the APN data as described and an hour later it worked fine.

If you did all this, perhaps it's a bad card? Ask them to send you another. You could also call their customer service number and see what they say.
Old 12-23-2015, 06:56 PM
jes
AudiWorld Member

Default Red Pocket no longer does T-Moble...

I was using Red Pocket in the past w/o problems @ 3G with their GSMT SIM... they sent me a new GSMA SIM (ATT), which was live immediately, but only does 2G :-/ Guess I'm going to try ptel and/or the tethered data hack...

2013 Q7
Old 12-23-2015, 07:23 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by jes
I was using Red Pocket in the past w/o problems @ 3G with their GSMT SIM... they sent me a new GSMA SIM (ATT), which was live immediately, but only does 2G :-/ Guess I'm going to try ptel and/or the tethered data hack...

2013 Q7

Try US Mobile or take advantage of T-Mobile's current free 200MB per month promo.
Old 12-26-2015, 12:22 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Has anyone tried rsap? Why pay for another mobile connection?
Old 12-26-2015, 01:26 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Unless it was added in some MY2016s with the new MMI, North American Audis do not support RSAP.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Audi Connect for $5/month ?