Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

Audi Q7 suspension compressor fuse

Old 12-27-2013, 01:26 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audi Q7 suspension compressor fuse

Hi Can any one HELP? the suspension stopped working so my Q7, My DIY husband took out the compressor reconditioned it and it is now unseized, with a new piston ring.
Now it is all back in the car the relay is moving but there is no power to either of the large wires. can anyone advise us where we could find the fuse for this. We have searched the car.
Old 12-28-2013, 10:11 AM
LOP
AudiWorld Member

Did you read the manual as to the fuse location?
Old 12-17-2014, 07:08 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Wondering if there was an answer to this? My 2007 Q7 suspension pump would not turn off when the car was off. It finally burnt itself out as I wasn't able to find the fuses in time to stop it. I replaced the pump, relay, and thermosensor with a brand new unit. When I turn on the car, nothing happens and my yellow suspension light blinks. I can hear the relay clicking on, but nothing. I stuck a volt meter on the power plug that goes to the unit and there is no power to the line when the relay clicks on.

Any thoughts on this? The fuses seem to be okay, but I only found a 5 and 15 fuses. I'd expect at least a 40amp fuse. Am I missing one?

Thanks!
Old 12-18-2014, 12:59 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I suspect there are some of the flat link type 40a fuses either on top of the battery housing - which means tipping the seat forward, or in the fuse box in the plenum chamber on the left hand side - assuming it's the same for LHD cars!
Genuine New Volkswagen 40 Amp Strip Fuse | eBay

This is how they look installed and it's very difficult to see if one has failed - it may look like a hair-line crack across the centre part -
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h2...x/IMG_2010.jpg

Last edited by Edd W; 12-18-2014 at 01:01 AM.
Old 01-12-2016, 05:55 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default suspension down at front fuse issue

I am also looking for main fuse location I came out the house to find front end down back end up had a poke around tested relay no power going to relay to run the pump hot wired relay pump works,need to find location of master fuse got to be at least a 40 amper, refurbished compressor when I was messing about but still need some help on this one.
Old 01-12-2016, 07:21 AM
AudiWorld Member

Have you cleared the fault code with vcds as it may just be that it has shut it into a safety mode so to speak?
Old 01-12-2016, 07:42 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

No havnt cleared anything have not even plugged vag into It yet so I will give it a go do you know the location of the main fuse just so I can check it, I can hear relay under dash kicking in I can hear valve block clicking away just no power to motor I can't see the control module being capable of handling such hi amps if it was shut down I would say it would shut down the trigger wire to the relay which it has not hence I thought it maybe the main fuse
Cheers
Graham
Old 01-12-2016, 07:49 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by northeastcables
I am also looking for main fuse location I came out the house to find front end down back end up had a poke around tested relay no power going to relay to run the pump hot wired relay pump works,need to find location of master fuse got to be at least a 40 amper, refurbished compressor when I was messing about but still need some help on this one.
For mine at least, AllData shows Fuse Panel D, located beneath the drivers seat: "Fuse A - Self-Leveling System Fuse -S110- , 40 A" (2009 4.2L gas)

The following users liked this post:
'10Q7TDI_Prestige' (11-21-2022)
Old 01-12-2016, 07:59 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Thanks man life saver so you are oviously left hand drive as I am in uk right hand drive so it is next the the battery, I've also had massive bat problems too keep going flat found that the earth from the engine isn't rite made a new one and connected direct to earth post now getting 14.3 volts inside cab were as before only getting 13.3 I think it's time to say good bye to the mota only done 65k on a 2007 model stick to my landrover defenders less to go wrong
Old 01-12-2016, 12:47 PM
AudiWorld Member

Do you have keyless entry?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Audi Q7 suspension compressor fuse