Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

Beginning to hate my Q7

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2015, 09:51 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AudiQ7Lady
Well....on a positive note about squeaky brakes.....at least people notice! heh-heh....

My Q7 actually did strand me once. The battery just died without warning after we returned to our parked Q7. The rear hatch almost refused to close and luckily it mustered what little juice it had left and closed much to our relief on that chilly day. We would have appreciated a low battery warning light prior to this. Called AAA, got the Q7 jumped and drove home. Dropped the car off the next day and waited until the following day to get it back with a new battery and a glow plug. Sheesh. Oh well.

As I always say as I slide into the driver's seat: ahhhh....it feels so good to sit down! Couch on wheels.
The issue might have been the faulty brake lights that they don't tell anyone about. That caused my battery to die as well. Truth in Engineering? It's a lie!!!
Old 09-03-2015, 11:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mr.Q7
Audi is one of the most dishonest companies I've ever dealt with. All companies try to protect their reputation. Audi simply tries to invent theirs. Truth in Engineering? That's a complete and utter lie. My Q7 had a brake light go out, I found out when someone signalled me to pull over on the highway. I took it to the dealer and they acted like they never had heard of this, they fixed it and I was on my way. A few weeks later I returned from a business trip and my car was dead at the airport. Same brake light issue but now Audi told me they knew all about it and Audi had sent out a fix it kit but didn't want to alarm drivers by notifying all owners. So I had driven around for a few weeks with no brake lights and that didn't bother them. I complained like heck and the President of Audi USA ended up paying 1 month of my lease payments. That was nice, I guess I learned exactly what the safety of my family was worth to Audi. This company should have posted a recall notice or other service notice for the tail lights but they didn't want the bad press. So you folks with Q7's may have no brake lights, good luck to you from the Truth in Engineering folks at Audi.

The mirror on the passenger side of my car whistled at speeds over 60. They told me not to drive over 60!!! Are they kidding the speed limit in many areas of Florida is 75, I'm going to slow down so my $80,000 car doesn't make whistling noises? Multiple attempts to fix the car failed until a service tech from some Caribbean island fixed it with some sort of home grown cure. I imagine the head dudes in Germany wouldn't consider having a recall note out to the field and utilize this tech's technique, can't imagine Germans using this black man's expertise when all their manuals had no solutions.

The service you get at my dealer here in Jacksonville is in my humble opinion not even at the level I got on my daughter's Hyundai. The Hyundai folks were more knowledgeable and certainly didn't lie to me.

This Audi is my first and last. I'm thinking about driving around with a sign in my window that says "Ask me why I hate my Q7". That would likely be pretty bad publicity in my little city in Florida. These folks think they have real quality, their facade is only skin deep. They have no quality and their "Truth in Engineering" slogan is pure marketing hype. They are liars and they wouldn't know the truth if it bit them in the rear end.

I hope that if you read this you will simply buy another car and not allow the liars at Audi to get over on you.
What year is your Q7? The non-LED bulbs don't last very long in my 2009, but I replace them myself for a few bucks.
Old 09-03-2015, 11:52 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default BRAKE LIGHTS AND BATTERY ISSUES

The issue might have been the faulty brake lights that they don't tell anyone about. That caused my battery to die as well. Truth in Engineering? It's a lie!!!
The brake lights were not faulty LED's, the wiring was messed up and they didn't tell anyone except their own service depts so they could fix if you happened to come in.
Old 09-03-2015, 11:53 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

My Q7 is a 2013. It was less than 18 months old when the issues developed. They are simply liars. They knew all about the problem but as I said, they didn't want the bad press so they just told their guys to fix as needed while customers drove around with no brake lights.
Old 09-03-2015, 12:37 PM
AudiWorld Member

My Q7 is a 2013. It was less than 18 months old when the issues developed. They are simply liars. They knew all about the problem but as I said, they didn't want the bad press so they just told their guys to fix as needed while customers drove around with no brake lights.
So unless you're over 50k miles, you're still under factory warranty. Any issue should be fixed no questions asked. I need to re-read your original info because I'm a little confused. If you don't like your service department, I would find a new place.
Old 09-03-2015, 03:24 PM
Ultimate Keyboard Warrior

Received 283 Likes on 203 Posts

I hope that if you read this you will simply buy another car and not allow the liars at Audi to get over on you.
Well, if you look at my signature you will see I've had/have 4 new Audi's. All have been quite trouble free (a few minor issues) and my service department is top notch. Completely satisfied, and will buy another.

My first new BMW was awful--13 visits in first year of ownership for different items. BMW ended up giving me a new car because it was so bad. That car was great, as were the next 2 new purchases.

Therefore, I put very little faith into stories involving a bad apple that somehow leads to belief the whole basket is bad.
Old 09-04-2015, 06:39 AM
AudiWorld Member

These folks think they have real quality, their facade is only skin deep. They have no quality and their "Truth in Engineering" slogan is pure marketing hype. They are liars and they wouldn't know the truth if it bit them in the rear end.

This alone is singling out your service department, not Audi as a whole. Audi has some of, if not the best, quality in the game. Your service department must be the "liars" you speak of. My service department is top notch. I have a great relationship with my advisor/manager and takes care of both our Audis every time. The one time I had to call AoA regarding another dealership where I bought my Q7 from, the issue was fixed in a matter of days leaving both parties involved satisfied.

I think the advice you will continue to get is find another service department that will take care of you.
Old 09-04-2015, 03:46 PM
Ultimate Keyboard Warrior

Received 283 Likes on 203 Posts

Originally Posted by Buckwheat2088
I think the advice you will continue to get is find another service department that will take care of you.
He probably won't get much advice since he became a forum member only to trash Audi, instead of saying hi, describing his problem, and asking for advice.
Old 09-06-2015, 10:08 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 95 Likes on 44 Posts

I have owned several Audis, done business with three different service departments over several years and not once have I found anyone to be dishonest. I've had my share of issues and all were resolved. I've also found AoA to be responsive and again, never encountered a liar.

You had one serious issue (I presume since fixed?), were given a few hundred dollars as a concession for your inconvenience and yet you are warning people not to buy the brand on your profile (which, since almost no one reads and most here at AW already own an Audi, will have zero effect).

If you were unhappy with your dealer, going to another might have solved your issue more promptly. Brush-stroking the entire brand on one or two problems and one dealer makes no sense to me.
Old 09-06-2015, 04:40 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I can imagine these issues are trouble given your username.