Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

BOSE Amplifier dead - Replace or Repair?

Old 07-20-2012, 07:22 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BOSE Amplifier dead - Replace or Repair?

Hello,

So my Q7 '07 premium - BOSE Amplifier is dead (cost me $350 for the shop to figure it out).
I suspect water damage from a leak. The mechanic mentioned trace of liquid, and many post on the same issue talk about water damage from the sunroof or the rear windshield water pipe.

But I would like to know your advice if it worth trying to have the BOSE Amplifier repaired by a local electronics repair shop (a few people advertise locally their services to repair amplifiers)?

If not, trying to find a second hand amplifier (part #4L0035223A). Any suggestions on where to find this on the internet? I tried googling the part # and found only one site in Sweden having one in stock for $400. I would prefer find stock in Canada or US first! Any suggestion of site selling used parts?

Last, buying a new one - full price $1,100+

Suggestion and advices welcome!
Old 07-20-2012, 07:54 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Xenophane
Hello,

So my Q7 '07 premium - BOSE Amplifier is dead (cost me $350 for the shop to figure it out).
I suspect water damage from a leak. The mechanic mentioned trace of liquid, and many post on the same issue talk about water damage from the sunroof or the rear windshield water pipe.

But I would like to know your advice if it worth trying to have the BOSE Amplifier repaired by a local electronics repair shop (a few people advertise locally their services to repair amplifiers)?

If not, trying to find a second hand amplifier (part #4L0035223A). Any suggestions on where to find this on the internet? I tried googling the part # and found only one site in Sweden having one in stock for $400. I would prefer find stock in Canada or US first! Any suggestion of site selling used parts?

Last, buying a new one - full price $1,100+

Suggestion and advices welcome!

Sorry for your troubles. As a fellow sunroof leak victim I feel your pain. I was very lucky that my electronics were not affected by my leak. First and foremost you have to solve the leak. As for the amp- I would ask the local shop if they can repair the amp. If it is repairable, why not? You can always buy another if it can't be fixed. Many times refurbished items are as good or better than new.
Old 07-20-2012, 08:03 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Yes indeed, I will try to have it repaired and have the leak repaired.
I guess my question is also about #2 - if this does not work, any suggestion of sites that sells 2nd hand BOSE amplifier?
Old 07-20-2012, 08:42 AM
AudiWorld Member

Mine was replaced last year in July under warranty. Dealer told me they also replaced the drainage pipes. I should be fine. Well after NE torrential pour on Wed the amp is dead along with the CD, Bluetooth and Satellite and Nav.

I looked under the rear wheel well to see the nipple that should be there for drainage was replaced with a stopper. Geniuses at the service dept.

Already have call into AoA and will demand full sunroof swap and new drains on their dime. Well documented for 2007s.
Old 07-21-2012, 04:33 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

We should create a "leaking sunroof" group and use legal counseling to demand AudiNA to pay for all the cost related to this issue. Unacceptable to see how many of us has/had/will have this problem.
Old 07-21-2012, 10:25 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RAD2 Again!

Originally Posted by RAD2
We should create a "leaking sunroof" group and use legal counseling to demand AudiNA to pay for all the cost related to this issue. Unacceptable to see how many of us has/had/will have this problem.
How many posts did you dig up to try and create a smear campaign?

Are you sue happy?
Old 07-27-2012, 01:59 PM
AudiWorld Member

Having sunroof replaced due to consequential issues. Hopefully that solves the issue.
Old 07-27-2012, 06:34 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

AoA gave me an extended warranty of up to 2015 or 100K for any S/R related issues. Have it in writing from one of their execs.
Old 07-28-2012, 03:18 AM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks. The dealership has stepped up to replace. I did call AoA before bringing it to the dealer. They told me to keep them in touch if I had problems with dealer. Dealer told me not to call AoA as they have discussed my situation with them. The dealership service dept warrantys for 1 yr/12K miles. So I should call AoA after they install and discuss that they (AoA) put in writing to warranty me for addtl 3 yrs/100K on the S/R and any consequential water damage from the new installation?
Old 08-01-2012, 08:25 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by knepster1
Thanks. The dealership has stepped up to replace. I did call AoA before bringing it to the dealer. They told me to keep them in touch if I had problems with dealer. Dealer told me not to call AoA as they have discussed my situation with them. The dealership service dept warrantys for 1 yr/12K miles. So I should call AoA after they install and discuss that they (AoA) put in writing to warranty me for addtl 3 yrs/100K on the S/R and any consequential water damage from the new installation?
You could certainly try.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: BOSE Amplifier dead - Replace or Repair?