Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

Car cover recommendations?

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2015, 07:57 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey thanks. Okay. I've completely sworn off the idea of a cover. Glad I asked.
Guess I'm going to need to go the regular detailing route. Couple of guys in town are pretty well regarded. Guess I'm going to start interviewing..... If not I'll certainly take you up on a recommendation.

Used a clear bra on the Infiniti. Got good use out of it but overall I'm kind of mixed about doing it again. Some of the panels crazed and needed to be removed. Did save my but a few times on dings and scratches though.

The crystaline window tint may be just the thing. Plan to look into it. Thanks.

Any luck I'll pick her up tomorrow. Turns out she's Mugello Blue not Atlatis Blue. Good thing. I've been to Atlantis already but Tuscany... to be longed for!
Old 04-22-2015, 02:44 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

i am torn about clear bra as well. i had it on the last q7 b6 s4 avant and on rs4. the initial cost didn't really outweigh the benefit of it. in the end if i was really picky a respray would cost about the same so i did not go with it again on my current vehicles.

crystalline sounds like what you're looking for and the advantages are not having go as dark to achieve the same results. i am not sure which part of LI/NY you're in but as you know there are some areas that use it as an excuse to pull over and others that don't look twice but either way it is a "fix it" ticket. if you have a good relationship with the shop that installs the tint theyll be able to "remove" it for you with a receipt to submit to the courts.