Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

CEL 2008 Q7 3.0 TDI

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2015, 11:15 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CEL 2008 Q7 3.0 TDI

Hi all

Only had my Q7 around 5 days. Went to take it for an mot today and it was fine. They were carrying out the MOT test and revving the car while checking the exhaust.

When i went back in the car the CEL was illuminated.

I asked them what that was about but they said that they had nothing to do with it.

It hasnt affected the drive at all but has really made me upset considering ive not had the car too long.

can anyone advise on what i can do or what it can be?

thanks
Old 03-28-2015, 06:34 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

without reading the code that threw the cel there isn't anyone on here who could guess.
Old 03-29-2015, 03:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

Most probably the inlet flaps
Old 03-29-2015, 12:13 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

well funny thing....took my car to get it washed. After it had been cleaned, started up and the light is no longer illuminated...

Is this something i should be worried about? Is it normal for the light to disappear intermittently if it is the inlet manifolds?

thanks
Old 03-29-2015, 01:57 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

The last CEL I had was for a failed NOX sensor.
Old 03-30-2015, 05:12 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Jonnykann
well funny thing....took my car to get it washed. After it had been cleaned, started up and the light is no longer illuminated...

Is this something i should be worried about? Is it normal for the light to disappear intermittently if it is the inlet manifolds?

thanks
What you have is not a major CEL code. A major will stay on and a week one will go away after driving, and the ECM will check as ok and go off.
But you still have the code in your ECM which needs to be deleted (clear) with a VAG.
After clearing the code then wait an see if it comes back.
Old 04-05-2015, 03:52 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

So i got it on a computer to check what it could be.

Although the light has dissappeared and not come on since, the diagnostic threw the following code

ECU: E8
P2011
Intake manifold runner control circuit /open (bank 2)

I have cleared the code but what could this be? Is it something i need to get checked?
Old 04-05-2015, 09:33 AM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks for the code JonnyKann

This is what you have. If the wiring and volts check out find then it is the intake flap motor v275)
Intake manifold flap air flow control valve 2, electrical fault-V275-Intake manifold flap 2 motor. the right bank is bank 1 and the left is bank 2.
V157 is the flap motor for bank 1 which is shown in the workshop manual as being on the right of the engine and V275 is shown on the left, this is of course as viewed from sitting in the car looking forward.
Since you just had a MOT check and see if the Tech disconneted the plug and never mad sure he put it back on correctly.
The plug is a bit of a pain on bank 2 because it's on the bottom and close to turbo shield.
two attachments one for P2011 and the second on for troubleshooting.

Q7 Intake Flap Motor and Intake P2011 .pdf

Q7 P2011.pdf

Below is a video on the location. If you get the code again I recommend to replace the part instead of repairing it. New parts last a lot longer.

Volkswagen Audi Seat Skoda Parts - ESHOP - Service Car VCDS Diagnostics

Hope this helps
Old 04-06-2015, 08:53 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

thanks for all that info buddy.

another update, took it for a drive today and got the light on again so got it checked asap.

The new code now reads P1018 - Intake manifold bank 2 - lower limit not reached - permenant.

I cleared the code, started the car and then re-ran the diagnostic. Code was still there but permenant had changed to 'intermittent'.

so does this mean the issue is still the motor? and how worse have i made it?

cheers
Old 04-07-2015, 07:53 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Jonnykann
thanks for all that info buddy.

another update, took it for a drive today and got the light on again so got it checked asap.

The new code now reads P1018 - Intake manifold bank 2 - lower limit not reached - permenant.

I cleared the code, started the car and then re-ran the diagnostic. Code was still there but permenant had changed to 'intermittent'.

so does this mean the issue is still the motor? and how worse have i made it?

cheers
the swirl flap issue doesn't cause any harm and doesn't make the engine run really badly but it does make a difference. When the flap motors cycle on start up and don't come within tolerance they default to open (so not swirling the fuel into the cylinders). I found the car runs smoother at lower revs, has more torque from stand still and gear changes at lower revs seem smoother too when all is working. It's meant to improve fuel. Personally I was surprised how much difference it made.
Below is a manual text on how it works.

V6 TDI intake swirl flaps.pdf

Possible Solutions
Check Fuse(s)
Check Wiring and/or Connector(s) from/to Intake Manifold Runner Motor 2 (V275)
Check/Replace Intake Manifold Runner Motor 2 (V275)
Perform Output Test
Perform System Test using VAS 6395(A) when applicable
Check Linkage between Intake Manifold Runner Motor 2 (V275) and Intake Manifold Flap 2 Movement, Rust and when necessary use Lubricants to repair it. If the Flap is still sluggish, also lubricate the Flap Bearings.
Check/Replace Intake Manifold Flap 2

Last edited by smith2010Q7; 04-07-2015 at 08:02 AM.

Quick Reply: CEL 2008 Q7 3.0 TDI