Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

Condensate drain location?

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2010, 06:42 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Condensate drain location--found and fixed!

The condensate drain on my Q7 is plugged, and I can't get it into the shop for a few days. Does anyone know where the drain line is located, and/or have any tips for clearing the line?

TIA

Last edited by Maui19; 04-07-2010 at 07:52 AM.
Old 04-06-2010, 02:29 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Passenger footwell floods when its blocked.
4 zone. There is also a rear drain under left rear, bladder valve.
Currently searching for pics of both!
Old 04-06-2010, 03:31 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default 4 Zone rear condensor outlet

photo is looking straight up from below, under the car. (pic by UW RL)
Old 04-06-2010, 04:32 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Nice going with that pic--thanks!

I can't find anything like that bladder valve under the front part of the car.
Old 04-07-2010, 06:15 AM
AudiWorld Super User

here is the outlet for the A8. Not sure if ours is the same. Mine is RHD TDI and has aux heater so not sure if its the same anyway.https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho...php?p=15617630
Old 04-07-2010, 07:51 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Alright, I was able to get things fixed. I went on justanswer.com and got the location of the condensate pan and drain line. It is located in the front passenger's foot well. Although I removed the glove box, you don't need to do that. Simply pull down the kick panel underneath the glove box. It is attache with three snaps in the front, and some hook tabs in the back. Remove the panel and disconnnect the light and move it out of your way. The bottom of the condensate pan is right there, and so is the drain tube. I put a plastic trash bag, funnel and pan under the tube, then slid the tube off the pan drain. Prepare to scramble around to catch the water from the pan--there was about a pint in mine.

Once the tube was off, I used compressed air, then a plumbers snake to clear the line. Then, with the snake still in the tube, I got under the car and followed the snake back up to locate the drain valve. It is up pretty high in the engine compartment, and there's no way you can see it without putting the car on a lift--and even then I'm not sure you could spot it. It is reachable once you know where it is, so if this happens again I may be able to clear it from below.

Here's a crappy photo of the drain and drain tube with the kick panel removed:

Old 04-07-2010, 03:15 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Maui19
Alright, I was able to get things fixed. I went on justanswer.com and got the location of the condensate pan and drain line. It is located in the front passenger's foot well. Although I removed the glove box, you don't need to do that. Simply pull down the kick panel underneath the glove box. It is attache with three snaps in the front, and some hook tabs in the back. Remove the panel and disconnnect the light and move it out of your way. The bottom of the condensate pan is right there, and so is the drain tube. I put a plastic trash bag, funnel and pan under the tube, then slid the tube off the pan drain. Prepare to scramble around to catch the water from the pan--there was about a pint in mine.

Once the tube was off, I used compressed air, then a plumbers snake to clear the line. Then, with the snake still in the tube, I got under the car and followed the snake back up to locate the drain valve. It is up pretty high in the engine compartment, and there's no way you can see it without putting the car on a lift--and even then I'm not sure you could spot it. It is reachable once you know where it is, so if this happens again I may be able to clear it from below.

Here's a crappy photo of the drain and drain tube with the kick panel removed:

How do you remove the glove box?, I have to access the dension GW500 to change the iPod cable to the new cable to be able to charge the iPhone while connected.
Thank you
Old 04-07-2010, 03:59 PM
AudiWorld Super User

6 torx T25 (3 inside top and 3 below). lower the top and lift over bracket. remove light and door release wiring as it wont reach the floor. Its actually pretty simple. Make sure it is sitting comfortably on refit before you tighten or door will shut but not drop on release.
Photo by nebalt.

Photo of my right hand drive version (light connector is for lower panel)

Last edited by Jusforfun; 04-08-2010 at 05:28 AM. Reason: add second photo
Old 04-08-2010, 03:52 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Thank you Justforfun

Waiting for the new dension cable (IPO4DC9) to fix the iPhone charging problem with dension GW500
Old 08-02-2012, 01:55 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Great Pics guys. Thanks!

I had a ton of water below the rear passenger carpet in my 07 A3 after 6 hours of torrential rain. It was like a waterbed, and the carpet was wet too(no standing water tho). I popped a plastic floor cover off the passenger floor, and saw a 1/2" standing water, with wires hanging in it. This water has been sloshing for a few days now.

My sunroof drain clears pretty well(passenger front), the windshield cowel drain works pretty well(drains out of the driver door frame). and I had it at Audi dealer who said the gallon or 2 of water in the subfloor was from the AC condenser drain. they got the drain "flowing" but im concerned the water will enter the cabin again. Is this probably the AC drain, or could the cabin air filter be a culprit too?

Is the A3 the same chassis, etc., as the Q5/ Q7 ?

I didnt want to pay $800 for the dealer to clean my drains, so i just took my car back.

So i will be pulling off 'door frame trim', and lifting some of the carpet to clean/ dry/ disinfect, Does anyone have good pics of pulling the carpet up? Thanks everyone.

J

Thanks.

Quick Reply: Condensate drain location?