Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

Condensate drain location?

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2012, 06:56 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Thanks

Thanks for the pictures and the discussions in this post, everyone. Am dealing with this problem right now on my 07 S-Line. Will try to find something suitable to clear out the line. Any budget, around the house items anyone can suggest before I trial and error? How long is the drain line?

Thanks,

Tyler
Old 09-06-2012, 09:34 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Default Fixed!

Ok, this is an easy fix. I just finished. The drain pipe is only a few inches long, and is not accessable from the firewall side on the Q7 like the wheel well drains are. I used plastic coated wire, compressed air, and a small bottlebrush to clean mine out. It was all coated in a growing goop/algae inside. Is clean now. Will see what the next trip yields but I'm confident the drain is clear.

Literally took 15 mins to do, including removing panel under the glove box. You don't need to remove any screws. The pictures on this post are great.

Tyler
The following users liked this post:
Gonsrob (07-21-2019)
Old 09-06-2012, 11:12 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Default Driver's side?

Anyone know if there are more A/C drains than just the passenger footwell drain? I have the 4 zone climate control.

Cheers,

Tyler
Old 03-02-2014, 03:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

not able to open picture, can you repost it I am having the same issue
Old 03-02-2014, 04:56 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Maui19
Alright, I was able to get things fixed. I went on justanswer.com and got the location of the condensate pan and drain line. It is located in the front passenger's foot well. Although I removed the glove box, you don't need to do that. Simply pull down the kick panel underneath the glove box. It is attache with three snaps in the front, and some hook tabs in the back. Remove the panel and disconnnect the light and move it out of your way. The bottom of the condensate pan is right there, and so is the drain tube. I put a plastic trash bag, funnel and pan under the tube, then slid the tube off the pan drain. Prepare to scramble around to catch the water from the pan--there was about a pint in mine.

Once the tube was off, I used compressed air, then a plumbers snake to clear the line. Then, with the snake still in the tube, I got under the car and followed the snake back up to locate the drain valve. It is up pretty high in the engine compartment, and there's no way you can see it without putting the car on a lift--and even then I'm not sure you could spot it. It is reachable once you know where it is, so if this happens again I may be able to clear it from below.

Here's a crappy photo of the drain and drain tube with the kick panel removed:

YOU ARE A LIFESAVER, fixed it ur pics were not coming up but like always ' justforfun' pic worth thousand bucks
Old 09-17-2015, 03:22 PM
AudiWorld Member

I'm having the same issue now. The picture is not on this thread anymore. Can someone post a picture on how to pull the drain tube out to clean under the passenger glove box?
Old 12-09-2015, 05:58 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

In case anyone is still looking for pics of the drain, here is what it looks like when it's unplugged. I took a small screwdriver and slid it between the drain and the rubber tube, and that helped it slide apart. Very easy to get back on. I took a cable running reel and slid it down the drain. Mine was totally clean.

Name:  tP02mr2l.jpg
Views: 2111
Size:  91.0 KB

Name:  pjLQN07l.jpg
Views: 2068
Size:  97.0 KB
Old 05-29-2016, 02:49 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by M3 Ninja
In case anyone is still looking for pics of the drain, here is what it looks like when it's unplugged. I took a small screwdriver and slid it between the drain and the rubber tube, and that helped it slide apart. Very easy to get back on. I took a cable running reel and slid it down the drain. Mine was totally clean.

This forum saved me a $300 trip to the dealer. We had water in the passenger footwell and a lot of humidity coming out of the defroster vents when the ac was switched off. Very easy to fix the blocked drain:

1. Take off panel at the top of the passenger footwell by tugging in the three obvious pull holes
2. Pop off the light cable (the car key does this) and set the panel aside
3. Disconnect the rubber hose going into the drain
4. Quickly hold a bucket up to catch the huge amount of water coming out
5. Clean out the drain hose - I used metal wire from a broken children's kite
6. Put everything back together

Took 10 minutes. Thanks everyone for posting all this information.
Old 09-21-2016, 06:09 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Anyone have photo for the drain location on a a4 2001
The following users liked this post:
Gonsrob (07-21-2019)
Old 02-12-2017, 06:11 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Nice summary! Easy fix! Terrible design!

Originally Posted by orangeandwhite
This forum saved me a $300 trip to the dealer. We had water in the passenger footwell and a lot of humidity coming out of the defroster vents when the ac was switched off. Very easy to fix the blocked drain:

1. Take off panel at the top of the passenger footwell by tugging in the three obvious pull holes
2. Pop off the light cable (the car key does this) and set the panel aside
3. Disconnect the rubber hose going into the drain
4. Quickly hold a bucket up to catch the huge amount of water coming out
5. Clean out the drain hose - I used metal wire from a broken children's kite
6. Put everything back together

Took 10 minutes. Thanks everyone for posting all this information.

thanks for the summary.... the fix/clean out was easy.
did not seem like a lot to clog the drain pipe, but I guess it was just enough. Terrible design, if you ask me. But an easy fix, once you figure it out.

Quick Reply: Condensate drain location?