Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

Dynamic Air Suspension – Lowering Mode Button Function

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2014, 11:27 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Once you are in the MMI in the suspension settings menu, highlight or click "Setup", from this menu you will see "lower to load" as an option to click on.

Originally Posted by AtlantisBlue
Thanks for the feedback. Correct in that it will only work if doors are shut. In my case, doors were shut and still would not always lower. Service Advisor confirmed the issue causing MMI problems is also disrupting lowering feature. Even more so, when stopped at a traffic light, the car would lower or raise at random
Old 12-19-2014, 03:27 PM
Ultimate Keyboard Warrior

Received 283 Likes on 203 Posts

Originally Posted by knepster
Once you are in the MMI in the suspension settings menu, highlight or click "Setup", from this menu you will see "lower to load" as an option to click on.
Those options do not exist in my MMI.
Old 12-19-2014, 05:30 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

same here... 2012 or 2014... not available.
Old 12-23-2014, 06:45 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Should Air Susbension Activate After Car Is Off?

Now that I've gotten my Q7 back from the MMI saga, I've noticed something with the air suspension and I am not sure if this is normal.

1: Sometimes after parking and locking the car, the air suspension will lower the car. There seems to be no consistency with when this happens. I can have driven to the store or stop for gas or park in my driveway.

2: Last night after being home about 90 minutes, I went out to grab something I had left in the back seat. Only opened the driver side rear passenger door. After locking the car and walking away, the air suspension kicked in and lowered the car???

Given I'm still not familiar with the "normal" function of my Q7 I am hoping you all can offer some answers.

Regards:
Chad
Old 12-23-2014, 08:15 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

this is typical operation. it will automatically level to what the height was set from the factory. if you park off-road on even ground you will find this happen every time you enter and exit the vehicle. same if you had a load in the vehicle or placed a load in the vehicle.
Old 12-24-2014, 04:19 AM
AudiWorld Member

Sorry to hijack your thread but regarding the lowering and raising of the rear suspension via the switch, does anyone think its possible to activate this with a feed from the boot motors in that when you press the key to open the boot it pulses the switch to lower then when you press button to close it raises the car back up.

I had thought about using a simple 12v feed pulse relay but unsure if this would mess up any modules?
Old 12-25-2014, 08:33 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

[QUOTE=AtlantisBlue;24637418]Now that I've gotten my Q7 back from the MMI saga, I've noticed something with the air suspension and I am not sure if this is normal.

1: Sometimes after parking and locking the car, the air suspension will lower the car. There seems to be no consistency with when this happens. I can have driven to the store or stop for gas or park in my driveway.

2: Last night after being home about 90 minutes, I went out to grab something I had left in the back seat. Only opened the driver side rear passenger door. After locking the car and walking away, the air suspension kicked in and lowered the car???

Given I'm still not familiar with the "normal" function of my Q7 I am hoping you all can offer some answers.

Regards:
Chad[/QUOTE

Totally normal operation. Additionally, sometimes when you approach the vehicle with a smart key in your pocket, the air suspension will hiss at you. I always thought it might be lowering to an "easy entry" height.
Old 12-26-2014, 10:40 PM
AudiWorld Member

Here is my take: It will sometimes lower when you get out because you've just taken several hundred pounds out of the vehicle. It also occasionally lowers when you come back because the heat of of the engine and/or ambient environment has caused the air in the suspension to expand. The opposite of this is when the car raises itself after sitting in the cold for a while. Mine does that too, but only once it is started.