Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

Exhaust from Supersprint for Q7 3.0 TFSI

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2014, 10:46 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust from Supersprint for Q7 3.0 TFSI

Hi guys

Came across the following exhaust system from Supersprint on their Europe web site.

AUDI Q7 3.0 TFSI V6 (280 Hp / 333 Hp) '09 ??, exhaust system

Contacted the Supersprint North America and they said it will not fit North America's Q7.

Does it make sense? What is the difference between the Euro Q7 and America's Q7 in terms of exhaust fittings?

Look like the 3.0T is ran out of exhaust options?
Old 08-15-2014, 07:42 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The only thing I can think of is if maybe the EU Q7 has a significantly different rear valance where the exhaust tips exit or if there is something different at the exhaust manifold + down pipes/cats for EU emissions regulations that results in slightly different plumbing geometry vs. the US model. I'm only speculating here, but this is what I would guesstimate is the reasoning. If it is only a rear valance issue, that is probably much easier to work around as you could probably source a euro rear valance (and maybe rear bumper cover if need be) to get it to all work. It wouldn't surprise me if you end up north of $5k to do this though.
Old 09-09-2014, 04:36 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I am new to forums and Audi... Does anyone have recommendations for a aftermarket exhaust for Q7 3.0 TDI preferably within the US?
Old 09-10-2014, 03:39 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Supersprint is UK based. Maybe it's not Euro vs US but UK vs US which might mean LHD vs RHD?

Just a guess.

Originally Posted by GSXR13
I am new to forums and Audi... Does anyone have recommendations for a aftermarket exhaust for Q7 3.0 TDI preferably within the US?
Old 11-29-2014, 07:22 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Hi gang!
Any updates on a good aftermarket exhaust? I'm surprised that it's so hard to find an aftermarket exhaust. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
-Sam

2013 Q7 3.0 S-Line Prestige
Old 12-01-2014, 03:47 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

nobody wants to spend the money on a quality exhaust. any exhaust that is made to fit the 4.2L or the 3.0t is $2500-3200.

i have one on order but 6-8wk lead time. i will post once it arrives.
Old 04-03-2015, 04:28 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Aftermarket exhausts are insanely expensive. Why can't Audi offer a valvetronic sport exhaust like Porsche does on their cars? My 2014 BMW 550 with a valved exhaust sounds like a Cadillac! Who would think a twin turbo V-8 car with the sports package option would sound lame when you put your foot down. I got rid of it in 3 months.

My 2010 C6 3.0t needs a sportier exhaust but again the aftermarket prices are insanely expensive. He'll even Corvettes come stock with sport exhausts that sound sporty!
Old 04-03-2015, 06:00 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Most likely because most people financing, leasing or buying a Q7 have no interest in that feature. It would add cost to satisfy the smallest group of individuals who may have interest while turning off the larger part of the group that has none.
Old 04-04-2015, 06:07 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 4 R1NGS
Supersprint is UK based. Maybe it's not Euro vs US but UK vs US which might mean LHD vs RHD?

Just a guess.
I know I'm replying to a 6+ month old post, but Supersprint is based in Italy (between Milan and Venice), so they are likely catering more toward LHD vehicles- at least LHD would be more prevalent in the vehicles available for exhaust development and test mules.

The other aspect of this I had not thought of until seeing Iconoclast's aftermarket setup is that the rear suitcase muffler on a Q7 does provide some "cosmetic" function (not saying his is ugly, just that you notice the difference from lower rear valance view). That may account to some degree why many aftermarket exhaust makers don't go after the Q7. To finish off the rear muffler section in a similar cosmetic fashion (like the stock unit) is probably cost prohibitive on an already limited market where, as has already been noted, most new Q7 buyers aren't looking to mod.
Old 04-04-2015, 12:17 PM
AudiWorld Expert

the oem exhaust hangs just as low and it annoyed me from day one. i painted it flat black to conceal it a bit but still an eye sore. milltek, mtm, stasis, eisenmann, magnaflow all sit the same way. it is the only part of the exhaust i don't care for regardless of the maker.

Quick Reply: Exhaust from Supersprint for Q7 3.0 TFSI