Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

HELP! Tire Pressure Monitor Reset

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2016, 08:12 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Clues
I think we're going to see a lot of these posts soon from 2007/2008 owners. I too have a 2007 Q7 and my TPMS sensors starting dying last year. The batteries appear to last several years and/or about 100k miles before the sensor needs to be changed (batteries are not replaceable).

I was constantly having to reset my TPMS as the reset would solve the problem for a few/several days before the dying battery(s) caused a new fault. To reset the TPMS sensors, press the 'car' button while the car is turned on and in 'Park' (some versions require that only the ignition accessory is on (engine off), scroll down the menu and about 1/2 way down you'll see the Tire Pressure Monitor option. Press the option and press again select Reset or Change wheels.

Testing a sensor that is dying is not going to diagnose the problem because they can't test battery strength - they only test whether the sensor is transmitting a signal. A dying sensor only intermittently fails to send a signal...

If you need new sensors, the dealer will want to charge $600-$700 (~$500 parts plus labor). Independent tire shops will be less at around $400 installed. I changed mine myself for under $200 but you'll need a tire shop to dismount your tires and it was a huge PITA to remove the old sensors. See my post from last year:

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q7-...nsors-2882223/

Good luck!
Thank you for your response. I had them order new sensors when I had new tires out on and they didn't replace them because they said the ones I have tested fine but they would hold to them in case I need them I the future. I will tackle many things on this car but replacing the tpms is one I'll leave for the pros lol.

I have tried the steps you mention above but in that menu I don't tire pressure monitor option which is a bummer. Could it be hidden somewhere else or something I can enable with the use of a vag com?
Old 05-18-2016, 10:06 AM
AudiWorld Super User

My suggestion would be to bring the car to the dealer and tell them you cannot see TPMS functions on the MMI screen. They will probably update your MMI version or reflash. The fact that you cannot see the TPMS option on MMI but are getting TPMS warnings tells me it may be an MMI issue and not the sensor batteries after all.
Old 05-18-2016, 11:17 AM
AudiWorld Super User

One last thought... I just looked at my MMI screen and when I select 'CAR' you cannot initially see the 'Tire Pressure Monitoring' option on the the MMI screen since it is the 8th option and the screen only shows the first six. I have to spin the MMI wheel to scroll to the next page to be able to see and select the TPMS option. I just want to make sure that you were aware that there were more options beyond the what you initially see.
Old 05-23-2016, 04:08 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Thanks for all the replies!!

Thanks for all the replies. I ended up picking up a vag com from eBay and enabling the tpms option in the menu. It wasn't there at all before, no second screen when scrolling down. When I enabled the hidden green menu using the vag com I was able to do a lot of cool things. I enabled the tpms option but also was able to enable remote Locking and unlocking of the windows and activate the phone controls. I took a chance buying one that was on the cheaper side but it paid off. I also love that now I can reset the service lights when I change the oil. I think I also may need to update the MMI software, mine is on 3360. Does anyone know if I should bother updating and where I could get the software?
Old 05-23-2016, 05:45 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Coastiewife
I have a 2007 Audi Q7 that I need to turn off the tire pressure sensor warning on. It's driving me nuts!! I just had all new tires put on it and they couldn't figure it out either. I went to the car menu with the key turned to on but engine not running and there is no option for the tire pressure anywhere. Am i missing something, is it somewhere else??
press "car" scroll down. there should be tpms reset in there... if not vagcom the option back or go to dealer or disable completely:

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q7-.../#post24445172