Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

Interior Lights on my Audi Q7 not working?

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2016, 07:44 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Any one?
Old 01-04-2017, 11:47 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=JoeIndy35;24900815]
unfortunately, you won't like my answer but I hope it proves helpful. I had the same problem in my previous Q7 and initially had it traced to an electrical short in the driver side sun visor. Apparently, this is common according to other ownerst. The wires that power the vanity mirror lights wear overtime and eventually short. The problem is the repair only lasted a few short months if I recall correctly. I will say that the dealership didn't over charge me for the repair and we're able to diagnose it quite quickly. I hope you have the heart same luck. It's possible, that when you fixed your drains it caused just enough stress to short out those wires. I think I also got mine to come on one time by pushing on or moving the visor bracket.

I also had the clogged drains. Kudos to you for fixing them in a timely fashion. My apologies for the lengthy reply, but it doesn't appear anyone else has chimed in.
Old 01-10-2017, 06:44 PM
AudiWorld Member

Wow, thank you. Audi told me to maybe take down my headliner again and wiggle the wires or look for a disconnect. However, I noticed the other day when I opened the door the lights flickered a few times before staying out. I believe that would point to a short. Ugh, I guess I'll take it to Audi and let them charge me $100 to tell me I have a short
Old 01-12-2017, 09:02 AM
AudiWorld Member

[QUOTE=S-Line_Q7;24902919]
Originally Posted by JoeIndy35
unfortunately, you won't like my answer but I hope it proves helpful. I had the same problem in my previous Q7 and initially had it traced to an electrical short in the driver side sun visor. Apparently, this is common according to other ownerst. The wires that power the vanity mirror lights wear overtime and eventually short. The problem is the repair only lasted a few short months if I recall correctly. I will say that the dealership didn't over charge me for the repair and we're able to diagnose it quite quickly. I hope you have the heart same luck. It's possible, that when you fixed your drains it caused just enough stress to short out those wires. I think I also got mine to come on one time by pushing on or moving the visor bracket.

I also had the clogged drains. Kudos to you for fixing them in a timely fashion. My apologies for the lengthy reply, but it doesn't appear anyone else has chimed in.
You were spot on!!! I took my headliner back down, pulled down the sunvisor and pulled the wires out as far as possible through the headliner. Sure enough, it appears the wires get kinked and smashed against the roof. I pulled it out and both wires were smashed and bare wires showing. As soon as I unplugged it from the wire harness all my lights came on. Gezz, you would think they would not make all the lights like christmas lights...