Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

LED Interior light conversion

Old 03-05-2014, 01:21 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Default LED Interior light conversion

Over the past few months I've seen a few posts & done a search but haven't found any definite answers. I would like to convert all the interior bulbs on my 2013 Q7 to LED. Couple Questions.....

1 - Who is the best source for quality bulbs - no error messages or staying on dimly.
2.- How difficult is the installation? I have the correct plastic tools - any detailed instructions or pictures?
Old 03-05-2014, 02:45 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"Search" is your friend on here
Old 03-05-2014, 04:22 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Kevnsayz
"Search" is your friend on here
Thanks for your very helpful first post on this forum. Perhaps you might want to re-read my first sentence.

Last edited by Cadx6; 03-05-2014 at 05:12 PM.
Old 03-05-2014, 07:11 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I think this might help

Originally Posted by Cadx6
Thanks for your very helpful first post on this forum. Perhaps you might want to re-read my first sentence.
Old 03-05-2014, 09:48 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

You know perhaps if you were more specific, you wouldn't have gotten that reply. Ha ha ha. I did all my conversions without a problem with just research on here. I don't know why it took you months when it took me a day of research. Maybe my reading skills are better. I am edumacated. Ha ha

Last edited by Kevnsayz; 03-05-2014 at 09:50 PM.
Old 03-05-2014, 11:24 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 164 Likes on 93 Posts

Over the past few months I've seen a few posts & done a search but haven't found any definite answers. I would like to convert all the interior bulbs on my 2013 Q7 to LED. Couple Questions.....

1 - Who is the best source for quality bulbs - no error messages or staying on dimly.
2.- How difficult is the installation? I have the correct plastic tools - any detailed instructions or pictures?
I had a great experience with tunerdomes.com. LEDs are flawless coming up on 2 years later. Customer support was excellent. No error codes.

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho....php?t=2786686
Old 03-06-2014, 06:36 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

I think ECS is a sponser here and I used their kit in my RS4 and they worked great. and also had videos on the install.
Old 03-06-2014, 07:33 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Kevnsayz
You know perhaps if you were more specific, you wouldn't have gotten that reply. Ha ha ha. I did all my conversions without a problem with just research on here. I don't know why it took you months when it took me a day of research. Maybe my reading skills are better. I am edumacated. Ha ha
And perhaps as a new member you might find that snarky, unuseful comments made on our forums to someone asking for help are unwelcome or a smart way to establish credibility. If you don't have something beneficial to offer, perhaps making no post at all would be a more suitable alternative.
Old 03-06-2014, 09:06 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Sorry guys - didn't mean to start a flame war - (even though I kind of egged it on a little).....

Thanks much 2010GGMQ7 & Reggie -

I had seen that U-Tube video & it gave me some basics. The link to the 2010 thread was very good & the Tunerdomes look promising. I'm also going to give ECS a call - they don't seem to list full kits on their web site - & I don't trust myself to try ordering individually.

Thanks again - I'm really new to the Audi world having come from 10 years of Cadillacs & this forum has been extremely informative & helpful, whether I've posted a question or quietly followed individual threads of interest to me.
Old 03-06-2014, 09:09 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I ordered turnerdomes long ago but could not get the 3rd row dome light to stop flickering. Also the cargo lights would flash and only work half the time. Anyone else have this problem?

So I ended up only use led for exterior and license plate.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: LED Interior light conversion