Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

Needed: Fuse Diagrams - Audi Q7 4.2L (2007)

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2014, 05:12 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Needed: Fuse Diagrams - Audi Q7 4.2L (2007)

I'm having a battery drain issue. I've done my research and I know about the amplifier and water issue. That doesn't appear to be my issue. I actually put it in the shop once for this, after replacing battery and verifying alternator is good, they determined something with my trunk latch was the issue. $900 later it was fixed for a while, now it's happening again. Whatever the issue it's intermittent. Some days the battery drains, sometimes it doesn't.

I was hoping you could provide me a fuse diagram for all the fuses so I can do a process of elimination by pulling the fuse for the trunk (for starters). I'm also open to any other suggestions. But my main reason for the bother is the fuse diagram for the entire vehicle. I'm going to play around with pulling fuses until I find the culprit.

Can anyone help? Thank you.

PS: This truck has been the biggest POS I have ever owned. After the constant issues with my Phaeton, I swore off VW/Audi/Porsche, but silly me I bought a Q7 as my beater. Hauling stuff, kids, etc. I barely drive it, yet every time I do, there's a new issue.

- Torque seal converter
- Transmission sensor
- Battery drain
- Leaky sunroof drains
- Flex pipe
- Constant alignment issues
- Brakes that sound like a freight train
- Non-working door lock buttons 2 of 4
The list goes on. I wish I knew how many problems I would have before spending so much money doing a S-Line/2011/2012 face lift. I'm ready to sell it if anyone is interested.

Old 12-10-2014, 05:48 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Sorry to hear, but the 07 was the worse year overall. My 07 had the drains and transmission replaced under CPO, as far as alignment and brakes, I keep my wheels under 20" and brakes well... It has 6 pistons in front, they are massive, not much you can do. The self study program should help you if you want to find the source of your electrical gremlins.

http://www.volkspage.net/technik/ssp/ssp/SSP_361.pdf
Old 12-10-2014, 06:18 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Great guide. Thank you. I went with 24 inch wheels, but having had 20 and 22 inch wheels on my Mercedes, Jaguar, never had the alignment issues I'm having with the Q.

It looks good, but not worth the amount of money I keep dumping into it. I scanned the document you sent me, I didn't see and fuse diagrams.

If anyone has a fuse diagram please share. Thank you!
Old 12-10-2014, 06:27 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Do you have a vagcom? I would start by a full scan and look in the areas where faults are recorded.
Old 12-13-2014, 06:18 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Default Good Point

I do have a VAGCom good point. I will start scanning.
Old 12-16-2014, 05:51 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

So I scanned it with the VAG and as suspected, there is a fault with the following...

Luggage Compartment Light - Which lines up with when I had a shop look at the battery drain 3-4 months ago, but they stated it ended up being the trunk latch and they adjusted it ($900 later).

But I pulled the fuse for the trunk lights and even the bulbs. Yet the next day, dead battery again. Jumped it, went to work I was at 100% per the battery meter on the MMI. 8 hours later, down to like 25%.

Drove it until it got back to 100%. Parked it. Woke up this morning. Battery still at 100%. This issue is driving me crazy.

Could it be the luggage compartment light module is draining the battery since I pulled the fuse and the bulbs?

Other Faults...

Passenger Door Handle Touch Sensor, Central Locking Button Exterior Door Handle
Steering Angle Sensor
Xenon Range <-- Likely because I face lifted her and replaced the swivel basic headlights with non-swivel LED DRL models.

I'm also wondering if that door handle is causing an issue. Could that be draining the battery. The little black button doesn't work on the passenger side front and rear door. I could care less I just don't want the battery drain.

Any ideas or suggestions?
Old 12-17-2014, 08:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If the touch sensors on the door handle stop working this is known to cause battery drain.
Old 12-24-2014, 05:07 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Default Thnk you

Originally Posted by Gavin0478
If the touch sensors on the door handle stop working this is known to cause battery drain.

Thank you! Is there a way to pull a fuse for that or do I need to replace the door handle sensors? If they must be replaced any DIYs?
Old 12-24-2014, 09:19 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Your door access Module is in the right rear luggage area. Also three fuses under driver seat. Ground 51 is located in the same luggage area.

everything goes to J723 which is the access control module.

Hope this helps

relays and fuse locations.pdf

access start and keyless module.pdf

keyless access fuse diagram.pdf

Keyless ANT Module.pdf
Old 12-29-2014, 02:41 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Good stuff thank you. Are you suggesting I disconnect the antenna box in trunk and pull the fuses under the driver seat?

Quick Reply: Needed: Fuse Diagrams - Audi Q7 4.2L (2007)