Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

New Q7 owner, question regd TPMS

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2014, 07:52 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Q7 owner, question regd TPMS

Hello everyone. I recently bought a new Audi Q7 and i live in Dubai, United Arab Emirates ...the Middle East . my car was Ordered in October and delivered in March 2014. Its a 2015 model already and my question here was on TPMS and i really need some guidance here. I was under the impression that i didnt need to order TPMS on my car as its an Audi, german enggineering etc so it should be standard but now driving the car i realise this function is not enabled and it wasnt enabled from factory. I had to specially order this order while making my car. I wasnt informed by the sales person either so not sure if he even knew this existed. My question now is whether this feature can be enabled via the Audi service. My research shows this is a feature working off the EBS/ABS system so a little firmware tweek on the MMI could enable this feature. The people over here at Audi service simply say that this is not possible and its not possible to add this feature after the car has left the factory. Finding this hard to beleive so any information on this subject would be highly appreciated. I beleive this is a safety feature that is worth investing in.
Old 07-04-2014, 08:02 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

after 2010 the q7 no longer uses sensors in the wheels but relies on ABS. you should be able to access the ABS module through VCDS/VagCom. i do not know the security code off the top of my head but if anyone here can chime in and provide the info then you should be able to enable this feature. i know on other VAG vehicles it's simple click or two i am GUESSING it's the same with this one.

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/foru...7k6-50164.html
Old 07-06-2014, 09:43 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by iconoclast
after 2010 the q7 no longer uses sensors in the wheels but relies on ABS. you should be able to access the ABS module through VCDS/VagCom. i do not know the security code off the top of my head but if anyone here can chime in and provide the info then you should be able to enable this feature. i know on other VAG vehicles it's simple click or two i am GUESSING it's the same with this one.

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/foru...7k6-50164.html
thanks for the update. the challenge is that the Audi Dealer here in the UAE are saying that this cannot be activated at all once the car has left the factory. So i want to challenge them because its not fair that an Audi authorised dealer says this so i want to have as much proof as possible to talk to the dealers again. I checked the link you sent, its for a VW but i guess its the same for the Audi's as well. Thanks a ton for that . I dont have a VCDS/VAgcom myself but i will check this out.
Old 07-06-2014, 03:19 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What makes you think that you don't have it?
Old 07-06-2014, 04:53 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by praravi
thanks for the update. the challenge is that the Audi Dealer here in the UAE are saying that this cannot be activated at all once the car has left the factory. So i want to challenge them because its not fair that an Audi authorised dealer says this so i want to have as much proof as possible to talk to the dealers again. I checked the link you sent, its for a VW but i guess its the same for the Audi's as well. Thanks a ton for that . I dont have a VCDS/VAgcom myself but i will check this out.
i dont have any experience with dealers in your area or familiar with their process but i think at this point it would be easier to just buy a vagcom and do it yourself.
Old 07-07-2014, 02:44 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by Canadian Lurker
What makes you think that you don't have it?
Because i dont see the indicator coming up when the pressure goes down. I also had a case of a flat tyre recently and thats how i know its not there. I do see the indicator on the instrument cluster but its just not activated
Old 07-07-2014, 02:46 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by iconoclast
i dont have any experience with dealers in your area or familiar with their process but i think at this point it would be easier to just buy a vagcom and do it yourself.
Yeah i guess so too. Below is the official answer from the Dealer after i told them it could be possible using a VAGCOM.
"All electrical systems in this vehicle are related to a so called ‘software version management’. In case any coding has been changed / or control unit has been replaced/retrofitted, that might affect the functionality of other control units. Respectively it will become impossible to change software data in the central data base. Once the vehicle has left the factory it is only possible to change/install different equipment when a retrofit kit is approved and available from Audi AG. And till now we don’t have any retrofit kit available from Audi.

Therefore, every time when a vehicle visits a workshop (complaint, malfunction were the SVM actual/specific comparison has to be performed), the tester will query all control unit coding and software levels, compare these actual values with the specific vehicle data. In case the vehicle/tester determines a difference in those values, the tester will reset the levels back to VIN/stored data.

Herewith we confirm that the tire pressure monitoring system cannot be retro-fitted to this particular vehicle VIN WA1AGDFE2FD000040.
"
Old 03-28-2015, 09:08 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Audi Q7 2014 enabling TPMS

Hi Everyone...i got a VAG cable and i managed to activate needle sweep and VIM but i still cant get the TPMS to work or how to do it. I get stuck at the ABS controller and i dont know the security code. I have enabled TPMS via the hidden menu on my MMI but its greyed out. Can someone help with the right procedures. All the procedures i see online for older A4's or other models from the VAG group and not specifically for the Audi Q7. Appreciate any help.

Im attaching the autoscan results from my car.
Attached Files
Old 03-29-2015, 07:25 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Paravi

Your TPMS system will not work if the system did not confirm the tire pressure on the MMI. when you hit the car button do you see tire pressure on your MMI. Or set tire pressure? This is your TPMS system. You do not confirm it it will not turn on.

Just like Iconoclast said after start from 2010 and subs we do not have tire sensors any more it reads the tire rotation speed if it is slow a light comes on only if the system is set.
Old 03-29-2015, 07:30 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

I just purchased a 14, and I have to be honest. I think this is the best thread I have read in a few weeks. TPMS is cool and all but when it comes tire change time I have heard of people spending serious money on replacing and fixing TPMS parts, added to the expense of tires.

I think going dealer route to get this enabled will just end up in frustration, unless there is a mechanic there that isn't all by the book. Cost wise and stress savings keep using the Vag-Con.

Quick Reply: New Q7 owner, question regd TPMS