Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

Nokian z-Line SUV Tires For 2013 Q7

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2015, 10:21 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nokian z-Line SUV Tires For 2013 Q7

Hello all,

I just purchased a 2013 Q7 3.0 TDI, and I am looking to replace the tires on it and go with a high performance option for the summer months. I have the 21" wheels, so tire size is 295/35R21. I was wondering if anyone had tried these Nokian z-Line SUV tires out on their Q7's?

NOKIAN zLINE SUV TIRES at Discount Prices - Free Shipping!

Nokian zLine SUV - Precise handling and unique durability for powerful SUVs. / Nokian Tires

I am familiar with the Nokian winter line, but I have not ever run a summer tire from their brand. Their winter tires are amazing, however. I was hoping for some feedback and advice if anyone had any on the z-Line SUV. Nokian's site breaks down some technical aspects, but you can only tell so much from a company release. First hand knowledge is always nice to hear. I do see they carry a 400 rating for the treadwear component of the UTQG rating, so it seems that they will last a pretty decent amount of time for a performance tire. I also found them at $230/tire, and for a performance tire in this size, that seems to be an extremely good price point, so I am pretty happy with that as well. Michelin's and others in that size are substantially more expensive.

I really appreciate any feedback or experience anyone can provide. I am hoping to have a set ordered one way or the other within a week or so. Thanks!
Old 04-20-2015, 03:11 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I am using them now and even in torrential rain they grip good. Never felt the tires losing grip at any moment. Depending on the road surface they can be noisy but I prefer Nokian over Michelin any day. The compound for Michelin is too soft and wear out quickly. But don't overlook at Yokohama and Continental. Sometimes there are good deals to be made.
Old 04-22-2015, 07:11 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I am not big on Continental's, to be honest. I also don't have any experience with the Yokohama's. I think I'm going to go with the zLine SUV's...like you said, I prefer Nokian to Michelin all day, don't think it is terribly close when it comes to winter tires, and I'm pretty excited to see what the Nokian brand has to offer for their performance option. Thanks for your feedback!
Old 04-23-2015, 12:26 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I just went with the Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta SUV 21" tires, good price point, comparable price with the Nokians, and good brand. Actually discovered after buying that it's the same brand as my OEM spare...Conti's and Mich's were way to expensive. Another user on there got the Sessanta's and highly reccomended them.

GroupAWheels.com: Distributor of Tires & Wheels - Toyo Vredestein Atturo & more

Quiet tires, unique tread pattern, good traction in rain/water. Can't speak to wear, since only had for a month or so, but other user was at 30k miles or so and still had tread left.

Last edited by SlizSam; 04-23-2015 at 12:29 PM.
Old 04-24-2015, 05:36 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

In the last 18 month, i've tried Nokian summer tire on :

- Bmw 335i (propulsion) : 4 Nokian ZG2 are absolutely fabulous, impressive grip under the rain, slide kindly close to the limit, soft compound very accurate. Durability is not that good, but the price is cheap so it's good to me.

- Audi A8 3.0tdi : 4 Nokian Z-Line same sensation under the rain, a little bit noisy on the highway, but still satisfied.

- VW Multivan T5 : 4 Nokian Z-Line really excellent. Much more security under the rain, a little bit noisy too, but very satisfied by the general handling of this heavy van.

Theses tire are actually a very good deal. As good as the winter tire of this brand are under the snow, excellent handling and security at low price.
Old 04-25-2015, 09:15 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I am thinking about getting these tires also can you give us an update after you purchase and install them
Thanks