Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

Odd question re prepaid maintenance.

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2014, 09:37 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Odd question re prepaid maintenance.

It's a long story, so no need to bore you guys, but I've been waiting five months to take delivery of a correctly ordered Q7 TDI. I've had it with the dealership. So much so, that when this vehicle finally arrives, I don't even want to buy a single thing (maintenance, clear bra) from them.

Is it possible to go to another Audi dealer to buy the maintenance plan? TIA.
Old 09-25-2014, 09:53 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

the pricing is fixed, you're not going to get a better rate anywhere else but you can purchase the plans from any audi dealer.
Old 09-25-2014, 09:55 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Ok good to know. The pricing wasn't my concern. In fact I'd gladly pay a little more just to not give these clowns the business.
Old 09-25-2014, 10:28 AM
AudiWorld Expert

hahaha... i understand the feeling. some dealers just shouldn't be in business... once you take delivery of the vehicle you may express yourself through the CSI email they will send you. it will go directly to AOA. you will get immediate response from the dealer and AOA shortly after submission however... before you do that i would use that as a bargaining chip to get a discount on audicare through that dealer. inform them of your unhappiness and tell them that you will be contacting AOA and i am sure they will find ways to turn that frown upside down.
Old 09-28-2014, 05:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nello, you will indeed get some payback with the dealer. Audi sends out a number of surveys that (according to my local dealer at least) are very important to their bottom line profit-wise. The best part will be if you get the same line as a lot of us got from our dealer. In my case, the finance dept said the surveys are vital to their bottom line and to talk to the store manager if I couldn't award anything other than a perfect score (to fix whatever I thought was wrong before taking the survey). And yes AudiCare is just a commodity like anything else they sell. You can buy at any dealer and also use at any dealer.

And along iconoclast's thoughts, sounds like you have plenty of bargaining chips to try to get AC for a greatly reduced price. In my case, the finance dept, screwed up the paperwork. Only found out after DMV rejected it the first time. Went to the store's general manager and he said it wasn't the first time. She was fired a week later. For my troubles, he gave me a nice winter coat from the parts area. Better than nothing....

Last edited by brutus23079; 09-28-2014 at 05:58 AM.
Old 10-13-2014, 05:24 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks for the feedback, guys. Think I'm going to reject this Q7 too, and buy something else. I've been in a rental for months due to the dealer not having the correct 2015 order sheet this past April. After wasting thousands on a Maxima (nice car, actually), I just now want something I can drive off the lot and be done.
Old 10-13-2014, 06:31 PM
AudiWorld Expert

good luck in your search.
Old 11-12-2014, 04:53 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

After much back and forth with AA and the dealer, I took delivery of the Q7 several days ago.

Almost pulled the trigger on a deeply discounted Touareg TDI R Line at VW Manhattan. Very nice vehicle that they wanted off their showroom floor.

Anyway, here it is.

Name:  imagejpg1-2.jpg
Views: 69
Size:  131.4 KB
Old 11-12-2014, 05:06 PM
AudiWorld Expert

which dealer was this?

nice combo... looks like daytona grey but hard to tell because of the lighting. seems like you took delivery of it right in time for this cold snap... you're going to love it in the snow.
Old 11-12-2014, 05:13 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks. It is Daytona Grey.

This was Jack Daniels of Upper Saddle River, NJ. They made good on this fiasco.

Quick Reply: Odd question re prepaid maintenance.