Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2011, 11:55 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

Can you still tow things?
Old 07-18-2011, 02:09 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I never had a towing pack. so no.. , but it does attach to the same body parts like running boards...
Old 07-19-2011, 04:27 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

can someone explain what exactly prevents the running boards from being installed if you have tow package?
Old 08-03-2011, 02:28 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by iconoclast
can someone explain what exactly prevents the running boards from being installed if you have tow package?
I can't explain it but I have both - tow and running boards. Both OEM and both installed by my dealer (Miramar Audi in San Diego). Happy with the setup so far.
Old 08-05-2011, 07:55 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Name:  postpics.gif
Views: 3478
Size:  40.2 KB
Old 08-07-2011, 08:49 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by kristatos
I can't explain it but I have both - tow and running boards. Both OEM and both installed by my dealer (Miramar Audi in San Diego). Happy with the setup so far.
thank you, i had a feeling one would work with the other, not sure why anything would changing.
Old 11-08-2011, 04:50 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Just a follow-up to this thread.
I ended up getting what look like the same running boards as AdrianGroom pictured above. I bought mine from an Aussie eBay vendor for AU$580.

Installation was relatively straight forward, and does not interfere with the OEM heavy-duty trailer hitch that was already on the car.

These boards also don't appear to interfere with the OEM jack either. I think it might have do with the ends of the boards being tapered that allows the jack to work.

The car is filthy, but here's a pic:
Old 11-09-2011, 10:17 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Has anybody tried these?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2007-2011-AU...item1e681665b7

Chinese knockoff, but I'm wondering if the quality is acceptable. Looking for a step to make it easier for the kiddos to climb into the car.
Old 11-09-2011, 02:21 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by mooreroad
Has anybody tried these?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2007-2011-AUDI-Q7-Running-Boards-Side-Steps-OEM-Style-/130595317175?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories &fits=Model%3AQ7&vxp=mtr&hash=item1e681665b7

Chinese knockoff, but I'm wondering if the quality is acceptable. Looking for a step to make it easier for the kiddos to climb into the car.
The "padded section" look is not to my taste, but mine (above) are chinese knock-offs as well, and (so far) I've found the quality just fine.

Actually, when I took the car in to my local dealer for a service, the Service Manager commented on how good the boards looked.
I mentioned to him that they are good, but flex a little bit when a full-grown, 100kg adult steps on them. He told me the OEM ones do the same, but cost AU$4000 for the privilege!!
Old 11-14-2011, 05:06 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

TimU - Yes yours do appear to be the same. They're chinese manufactured (Winbo Xiangu or something like that, and then re-branded by the seller generally, TRUX as they were in my case). I think AUD wise you paid about the same as I did in GBP.

Had to have a little welding done on the brackets due to an issue with the outer chassis rail, but no real biggie.

The boards themselves are extremely good quality with no rust or tarnish problems being apparent on the polished stainless steel, and the tops are very hardwearing with no noticeable marks after about 7 months of use. Yes they do flex a bit if you put a full grown 100kg adult on them, but certainly no more than the OEM's. Very happy with them to date and I think they look better than the OEM's which everybody else is driving around with... but everybody's different.

I didn't buy based on price, but on appearance, so the fact they're Chinese made is a side issue for me.

Just 'cos anything's Chinese doesn't necessarily mean it's crap... highly possible perhaps... but they do churn out some decent stuff.
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: OEM Running Boards on Q7