Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

Opinions on the new Q7?

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2015, 12:30 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Opinions on the new Q7?

Just curious what everyone thinks of the new Q7.. I personally don't like it.. Would anyone consider buying it? I think it could be a flop.. The design is way to 'weird' and not like Audi.. Especially now that there is no S-Line, and a $6k+ price increase, then add on this TDI emissions scandal.. What is everyone's opinion on the new Q7?
Old 11-12-2015, 01:59 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Weighed the options and it just came down to me not liking the changes on the inside and out. I purchased the 2015. I also felt with all the major changes going on, I didn't want to be a test dummy for the new model. I think the last year of the 1st generation should be he most reliable. Only time will tell.
Old 11-12-2015, 03:51 PM
Ultimate Keyboard Warrior

Received 283 Likes on 203 Posts

Not feelin' it.

The new Jaguar F-Pace definitely has my interest.
Old 11-13-2015, 03:46 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm in the same camp. Looking at the XC90 but was hoping the 2017 Q7 would sway me over. I guess I'll see once I see it in the flesh but the massive price increase and the color options are making me think I'll look elsewhere.
Old 11-13-2015, 04:02 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Do an Apples to Apples comparison and the price increase isn't that significant.. Normal year over year has been 1.5-2%... But this is a new model. Option your cars out accordingly and you'll find them slightly over or actually under that amount in some cases. On the surface with no digging, yes I agree the prices look significantly higher. Also consider what you are getting now too... there is a ton of new standard tech and features.

FWIW, I'm on the fence... really waiting for the SQ and I don't like the colors offered currently... might give up my spot in line (local dealer has 42 deposits already for them).

Originally Posted by A4rooster
I'm in the same camp. Looking at the XC90 but was hoping the 2017 Q7 would sway me over. I guess I'll see once I see it in the flesh but the massive price increase and the color options are making me think I'll look elsewhere.
Old 11-13-2015, 05:45 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Still need to grow on me.
Old 11-13-2015, 06:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by D3Audi
Just curious what everyone thinks of the new Q7.. I personally don't like it.. Would anyone consider buying it? I think it could be a flop.. The design is way to 'weird' and not like Audi.. Especially now that there is no S-Line, and a $6k+ price increase, then add on this TDI emissions scandal.. What is everyone's opinion on the new Q7?
Give it some time. Definitely won't be a flop...it's going to sell. 1st year models always have some bugs, so give it some time, wait to see what gets hashed out. I'm sure an S-Line int/ext package will be available eventually. Would I consider buying it? Hell yes. Even more if we got the European model (after seeing the pics...only can dream right?). Compared to my 2009 Q7, I'd buy one in a heartbeat.
Old 11-13-2015, 11:07 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Buckwheat2088
Give it some time. Definitely won't be a flop...it's going to sell. 1st year models always have some bugs, so give it some time, wait to see what gets hashed out. I'm sure an S-Line int/ext package will be available eventually. Would I consider buying it? Hell yes. Even more if we got the European model (after seeing the pics...only can dream right?). Compared to my 2009 Q7, I'd buy one in a heartbeat.
I hear you.. I really want to see it up close in person.. I've read that it's really nice in person.. There have been a couple of press events at dealers lately in the USA and in Canada.. It seems like all US Spec Q7s will come with Base Carrier bars similar to how the Q5 comes.. That's $450 right there if that's the case.. Hopefully it will grow on me.. I think the reason I'm having a hard time liking the new one is that I've loved the design of the first generation Q7 since I first saw it in some car magazine back in like 2006... I'm having a hard time letting this design go.. Lol.. My favorite vehicle ever made.. That's why I own one ;-)
Old 11-13-2015, 11:49 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

i had a considerable amount of time with it today. i will post an opinion with photos shortly... a bit too busy at the moment.
Old 11-17-2015, 01:47 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

The new Q7, R8 and A4 design is soooo nice, that the design chief, Wolfgang Egger has been "promoted" at the begining of 2015 to Giugiaro (probably to see if Italiens have the same sens of humour...), recently absorbed by the VW Group.

Marc Lichte, the new Audi design chief since February, is in charge of giving as quick as possible a understandable direction, and if possible, with a minimum harmony.

Audi Design Chief Marc Lichte on the Next A8, Other Future Product ? News ? Car and Driver | Car and Driver Blog

Usually we have to say that "we do not like" the look of thios or that new model, but hopefully exceptions are here to go against the rule.

In this case the term of "tromblon" or "ugly brick" are a loyal definition of this new Q7 !

Across Europe a lot of people won't by this "thing", essentially due to the design.

Quick Reply: Opinions on the new Q7?