Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

Problems closing the trunk

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2015, 09:48 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

If anybody has a problem closing your trunk (assisted closure of course), your problem might reside in the closing catch at the bottom. i had this problem for 2 weeks and taught I would share my findings with you guys. So my trunk has been bouncing back for 2 weeks, only way to close it was by holding it for 2-3 seconds while the motor did his job. I searched a little and found a tread talking about a broken spring and I tackled the issue. First of all remove your trunk floor and keep it in the upright position. In the first two pictures you will see there is a total of 4 25 torx screws to remove so the aluminium plate can be removed, the are in the inner edge. Pry the plate upwards, you will notice it's held on by clips so go straight up by holding both corners, dont go too hard you will have to disconnect the position sensor picture 3. Remove the foam on top of the catch, its only glued and mark the latch so you can realign it easy later. Remove the two 13 mm bolts one at a time and put one back to hold the backing plate. Disconnect the catch motor. Now is a good time to do a little clean up and you will notice two notches on the catch on the driver side but no spring, mine fell in the spare well and had 2 broken coils, I bent two new ones, if your spring can't be found go to a hardware store with the catch assembly to find the size. It is fairly small about an inch and a half in length. Install is pretty much the reverse, glad if it can help someone. I guess the A6 is the same since most components are carryover.
Attached Images       

Last edited by B490MTL; 01-24-2015 at 04:57 AM.