Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

Q7 Pics from Detroit Auto Show

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2015, 05:44 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm actually not against the new headlights and grill setup. But I do not like the new door trim at the bottom... don't like it on the Porsche Macan either. I have another problem, this one is with the lower half of the rear bumper. I think this new one is bigger and gives the back of the car a dowdy, almost trapezoidal, and certainly unsporting stance.
Old 03-05-2015, 09:28 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've been trying to put my finger on why I hate the new design so much, and there's just too many things wrong aesthetically. It looks like a car that has gone through an emergency face lift because some head honcho deemed the previous redesign too "brutal and ostentatious." I think they neutered the original more masculine redesign and now we have a confused "Pat" looking Q7. I guess we'll never know since the original redesign was never revealed...
Old 03-06-2015, 07:15 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

hahaha at pat comment.
Old 03-09-2015, 05:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

Audi are going to have to come up with some styling solutions if they want to shift these from the showrooms. Every major competitor must be laughing all the way to the bank!
Old 03-11-2015, 05:43 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Supposedly this is the non-s line version.

Old 03-11-2015, 06:05 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I think that looks pretty good really and I cannot see it being a failure.
Old 03-11-2015, 10:17 AM
AudiWorld Expert

undecided for the time being but these are a lot of selling points:

World first innovations

The Q7 is the first Audi SUV to use very-high-speed FlexRay optical fiber data bus technology, which interconnects all electrical/electronic systems, particularly the latest generation Multi Media Interface, Adaptive Air Suspension, and the multitude of new driver assistance systems, since all these require very high data bit rates.[35][36]

Predictive Efficiency Assistant uses the route data from the navigation system to alert the driver of situations in which it would make sense to reduce speed, such as before curves, towns or speed limit signs that are not yet visible. In collaboration with adaptive cruise control (ACC) and traffic sign recognition, the system adapts the preselected speed to the route and the speed limits. The predictive efficiency assistant, which can also take over predictive control of the free-wheeling function of the eight-speed tiptronic, has the potential to reduce fuel consumption on interurban roads by as much as ten percent.
Turning Assistant monitors opposing traffic when turning left at low speeds. In critical situation, it brakes the car.
Exit Warning System indicates vehicles or cyclists approaching from the rear before the door is opened.

New features for Audi

Avoidance Assistant intervenes in the steering to help the driver avoid an obstacle.
adaptive cruise control ACC stop & go now includes a traffic jam assistant, which takes over the steering on developed highways if traffic congested and not moving faster than 65 km/h (40.4 mph).
Multicollision brake assist system uses controlled braking maneuvers during the accident to aid the driver.
Modular Infotainment Matrix (MIB) with NVIDIA T30 processor
MMI all-in-touch
Audi tablet
All-wheel steering

New features for the Q7

Q7 e-tron plug-in-hybrid[37]
Matrix LED State of the art digitally controlled adaptive non-glare highbeam multi-LED headlamps. The highbeam comprises 25 individual light-emitting diodes per unit that can be switched on and off or dimmed individually depending on the situation. This enables the headlight system to react extremely precisely to other vehicles while always brightly illuminating the road. Additional features of the new headlights are the intelligent cornering light, new-look daytime running lights and dynamic turn signals. The lighting system uses predictive route data from the navigation system to adjust the distribution of light in response to the current driving situation. In combination with the optional Navigation plus with MMI touch, the system recognizes route data contained in the navigation system, such as curves and road classifications.
cross-traffic assist
trailer assistant
side assist
Multi-collision brake
drive select driving dynamics system
Night Vision Assistant, which uses a passive infrared camera to detect pedestrians and larger wild animals at long distances in the dark and issues appropriate warnings.
active lane assist uses a camera and small steering interventions to help the driver to stay in a lane.
Pre sense initiates preventive protective measures for the occupants in instable driving states, such as tightening of the front seat belts. Radar guided Pre sense front warns of an impending rear-end collision with the vehicle ahead, tensions the belts and brakes the car autonomously, if necessary. It does both of these things in multiple stages.
natural language speech recognition
Audi virtual cockpit multifunctional fully digital high resolution electronic instrument cluster allowing the driver to select a variety of information with 3D graphics
Bang & Olufsen Advanced Sound System with 3D sound

Audi connect Telematics with state of the art 4G mobile internet (and online updates for the navigation map).
Old 03-11-2015, 07:35 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

+1 e-tron plug-in-hybrid, but they'll have to sort out the horrible aesthetics before I'll bite. This has to be one of the worst photos of the new Audi Q7 that I've seen. It looks so neutered, defeated. It might as well wear a "kick my ***" sign on it's back...

Last edited by f1point0; 03-11-2015 at 07:38 PM.
Old 03-12-2015, 06:59 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Not the production design?

Originally Posted by iconoclast
Supposedly this is the non-s line version.

A number of subtle changes make this vehicle look some better. However, this does not seem to be the production design.

-ark
Old 03-14-2015, 05:49 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Quick Reply: Q7 Pics from Detroit Auto Show