Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

Q7 rear sun shade

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2013, 12:54 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Q7 rear sun shade

Is the rear sunshade manual or automatic. The sunroof works great but the sun shade i have to do it manual. Wasn't sure if that was correct because i can see the gears on the side in the rail track moving when my wife is hitting the switch for the front shade to open and close.

thanks.
Old 08-01-2013, 03:31 PM
Ultimate Keyboard Warrior

Received 283 Likes on 203 Posts

Manual.
Old 08-02-2013, 05:51 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Vinniety
Is the rear sunshade manual or automatic. The sunroof works great but the sun shade i have to do it manual. Wasn't sure if that was correct because i can see the gears on the side in the rail track moving when my wife is hitting the switch for the front shade to open and close.

thanks.
the pano roof sunshade is power; you need to bring your Q7 to the dealer to be fixed; the rear window sunshade is manual as is the rear passenger window shades.
Old 08-02-2013, 07:35 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Sorry i meant the rear sunroof which i think is called the pano roof not the rear window. Is this a normal piece to break can it be removed without removing the headliner?
Old 08-03-2013, 08:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

2-part pano roof. The front shade is powered. the rear roof-shade for the 3rd row occupants is manual. The sun-roof tilts and that's powered.

-ThinkMac-

Originally Posted by Vinniety
Sorry i meant the rear sunroof which i think is called the pano roof not the rear window. Is this a normal piece to break can it be removed without removing the headliner?
Old 03-28-2015, 06:26 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default 3rd row shade

hey guys, so I have a problem with the 3rd row shade. The bloody thing wont close as the plastic snap piece on the other side of the handle broke off. I got a replacement handle thinking this is what I need and nope, the handle I got does come with the snap piece. Any ideas of the part number I need?

So I got the handle with the button...but

what I need is the piece that clicks when the handle button is pressed
Old 03-28-2015, 07:28 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Mine was replace under CPO warranty, which I was surprise. What the dealer did in replacing the clip he removed the roof window and work on the clip from the top side. I guess this was the easiest way instead of removing the headliner since it is one long piece. Sorry do not have the PN but I know it was only 30 dollars for the part.
Old 03-30-2015, 11:28 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by smith2010Q7
Mine was replace under CPO warranty, which I was surprise. What the dealer did in replacing the clip he removed the roof window and work on the clip from the top side. I guess this was the easiest way instead of removing the headliner since it is one long piece. Sorry do not have the PN but I know it was only 30 dollars for the part.
If anyone has this part number it would be greatly appreciated.

My crappy dealer would NOT replace this under CPO so I have to try to do it myself.
Old 03-30-2015, 11:32 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Yes I would like to know too and btw I was told that the replacement of this piece is quite complicated and should be done by the dealer...

Originally Posted by cmarshack

My crappy dealer would NOT replace this under CPO so I have to try to do it myself.
Old 04-01-2015, 09:10 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by cmarshack

You have a crappy dealer for sure. All dealers have a book with codes that is all the CPO codes and this sun shade code does cover the job. I know my dealer in Huntsville AL look it up. If it was not in the book I know he will not do the job.

His name is Jeff phone # is (888) 904-2371. He did the work on my 2010 Q7 white 3.0 TDI name is under Linda Addison (my sister) my name Wayne Smith. maybe he can give you the code under his CPO book. Plus the PN. He is very busy, But he will try to help you out.

Smith

Quick Reply: Q7 rear sun shade