Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

Q7 Tire recommendation 295/35 21

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2014, 08:46 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SlizSam
Wait...one of you said moving up to the 40 series tire would cause your odometer to be higher than actual miles, and the other says it will be in your favor slightly...which is it?

edit << nevermind on the above - read this backwards "100 odometer miles would really be 108.43." >>

And has anyone confirmed you can adjust with VAGCOM? I really want to bump up to the 40 series tire and get some all season tires instead of just dumping the 21" rims and getting 20's or smaller, but need to confirm there won't be issues besides rubbing at full turn/stop.
Hey SlizSam - just went the 40 series (see my post and pics above) but after five days' driving, I'm taking them back to have the OEM 35s put on. The rubbing I originally thought only happened on the AAS Dynamic setting actually happens a lot - and not just at full lock. Also I may be paranoid - and I'm sure many experts will consider me ignorant - but I feel like stopping distance actually increased a little. Going straight, on a freeway, at speed, the ride is wonderful. Otherwise the car feels 'modded', and not in a great way.

I wanted it to work, but it really doesn't. Going for the same tire - ContiCrosContact - in the OEM specs of 295/35r21.

Hope that helps.
Old 06-23-2014, 09:40 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

most likely due to the increased diameter... more distance traveled per rotation than before.
Old 02-21-2015, 08:57 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by cmarshack
I have not had a chance to take any pics but I do have about 1500 miles on the Vredestiens now and will say that they are a great tire! Very quiet do to the asymmetrical but NON directional design. I actually thought they sent me four left side tires because they look like they should be directional based on the tread pattern. But this is by design...the left hand tire tread spins in one direction and the other spins the opposite which creates less chance of any harmonic road noise. There is also no tram lining on hiway grooves since there is only one groove that runs parallel to the road. My Contis would rip the wheel out of your hand at any groove in the road.

These also grip the road very well! This is one of the best all around tires I have used on and SUV (and I have tries most of them).

Add in the fact that this is the lowest price tire in the 295-35-21 spec and I am more than thrilled!

Get them, you will not be dissapointed
Hey cmarshack -any more feedback on the Vredestien SUV Sessanta's? I'm about the purchase some for the summer and wondering how yours are doing with more miles on them? Significantly cheaper that the other options - still raving about them? Hows the tread life looking?
Old 08-18-2015, 08:15 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Hey cmarshack -any more feedback on the Vredestien SUV Sessanta's? I'm about the purchase some for the summer and wondering how yours are doing with more miles on them? Significantly cheaper that the other options - still raving about them? Hows the tread life looking?

I'll be buying my 3rd set of tires for the Q7 TDI, less than 35k miles total.

The stock Dunlaps gave up the ghost by 15k. I replaced them witht he Sessanta's and they have been substantially better than the Dunlaps. I found myself back on this tread curiously looking for a new option. The Sessanta's handle well, they aren't loud, they remain comfortable. They may have been good for 25k miles on Tulsa, OK roads. My wife hit debris in the road (maybe a retread, she said it was black) and destroyed the sidewall. I'm considering stepping up to a 40 series as this is the second road failure on this vehicle and the spare is a joke.
Old 08-18-2015, 02:05 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default America's Tire said that 275/40-21 is a plus zero

Has anyone tried a 275/40-21? It is the same diameter as the 275/45-20. I was thinking of trying this size to get more wall height and smooth out the ride.
Old 08-19-2015, 04:43 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by cmarshack
I have not had a chance to take any pics but I do have about 1500 miles on the Vredestiens now and will say that they are a great tire! Very quiet do to the asymmetrical but NON directional design. I actually thought they sent me four left side tires because they look like they should be directional based on the tread pattern. But this is by design...the left hand tire tread spins in one direction and the other spins the opposite which creates less chance of any harmonic road noise. There is also no tram lining on hiway grooves since there is only one groove that runs parallel to the road. My Contis would rip the wheel out of your hand at any groove in the road.

These also grip the road very well! This is one of the best all around tires I have used on and SUV (and I have tries most of them).

Add in the fact that this is the lowest price tire in the 295-35-21 spec and I am more than thrilled!

Get them, you will not be dissapointed

I would rather disagree with the statement above.
I ran through 2 sets of Vredestein Sessanta SUV and decided not to use them anymore. Only good thing I would say about them is a handling. Excessive road noise and low tire life, that what accompanies those tires. Don`t get me wrong, I lived in Europe and used only Vredestein tires, and loved them. However, they don`t work for quite heavy SUV with 21" wheels.
Back in April, I`ve purchased a set of Nokian Z-Line SUV tires, now have 12,000 miles on them and almost no visible wear. I absolutely love them. Handling is amazing, road noise is almost non-existent. And, did I mention a price - $ 214/tire. It`s like 39% cheaper than Vredestein.
Old 08-20-2015, 01:57 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So I am aboaut to replace my Vredestien's and have been looking for another set but can't seem to source them anywhere in the US so I may be out of luck. I have 25k miles on them and they have been as good of a tire as anything I have owned so I will buy again if I can find them.

If I can't find them I may just sell my 21's and upsize to 22's to get some more options...I will keep y'all posted.
Old 09-15-2015, 11:04 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

I went with the CrossContact 295/35/21 and its a night and day compared to the Dunlops. Last month my Dealer decided to lower the tire psi to 35s as recommended by Audi. With the new tires at 44/49 psi wasnt bad. Now its very soft. I just hope this is not going to eat them fast too.
Old 09-16-2015, 12:48 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anyone try the new Conti Extremecontact DWS?

Looks like a good option for occasional nasty weather.
Old 09-19-2015, 03:10 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

P Zero Best tyres For Q7

Quick Reply: Q7 Tire recommendation 295/35 21