Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

Q7 Transmission Fluid change on 35k and 75k?

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2012, 11:38 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Its not sealed for life....such a stupid term. Its clearly got a drain plug and a fill plug and a removable pan with filter. How in the hell is that sealed for life....ZF states it needs changed, audi just wants their maintence schedule to look good so cost of ownership seems low and more people buy the car. Just like the 10-15k oil changes. ZF states 50-70k depending on driving habits.
Old 12-09-2012, 10:31 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hi guys where can I download official Audi Q7 Service Manual pdf? I want to flash transmission fluid, brake fluid, power steering fluid and I need to know how many Litter or Qt. for DIY, many thanks!
Old 12-09-2012, 11:08 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by 928paul
hi guys where can I download official Audi Q7 Service Manual pdf? I want to flash transmission fluid, brake fluid, power steering fluid and I need to know how many Litter or Qt. for DIY, many thanks!
I don't think one exists outside of the Audi internal documentation. If you can find one for free on line, please post that information here.

Documentation is one area where Audi really sucks the hind t*t compared to Mercedes-Benz.
Old 12-10-2012, 12:41 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

has anyone ever change Q7 automatic transmission fluid by himself? please post up some DIY photos many thanks!! how many qts? what type of ATF fluid?
Old 11-26-2014, 10:53 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default ATF oil change

I know this is an old post but found this in the transmission self study program.... Changing atf fluid requires an adaption reset and drive. Hopefully this is what you pay for at the dealers.

Deleting Adaption Values
The adaption values of the 09D transmission are preserved even if the power supply to the Transmission Control Module is cut off (for example, battery is disconnected, etc.); however, they can be deleted using the Basic Setting test plan of the Scan Tool.
Basic Setting can be used not only to delete adaption values, but also to program in the kick-down point and activate the steering wheel Tiptronic function (if available).
The following are situations when the basic setting procedure must be performed:
– After Replacing the Transmission
– After Replacing the Transmission Control Module J217
– After Changing the ATF
– After Repair Work on the Transmission
(for example, replacing the valve assembly, clutch repairs)
– After Replacing or After Removing and Installing Throttle Position Sensors G79/G185
– After Complaints About Shift Comfort
– Possibly After Engine Repairs (for example, after replacing the engine, engine control module, etc.)
– Possibly After a Software Flash Update
It is recommended to perform an adaption drive after deleting adaption values or carrying out the basic setting procedure.
An adaption drive must always be performed after deleting adaption values due to complaints about shift comfort.
Adaption Drive
Step 1:
First, the previously mentioned adaption conditions must be fulfilled.
Step 2:
When the engine is operating at idling speed, the vehicle is stationary, and the brake is applied, move the selector lever from “N” to “D” and keep it in position “D” for at least three seconds. Repeat this procedure five times, then carry out the same procedure for the gearshift from “N” to “R.”
Step 3:
Accelerate the vehicle in selector lever position “D” from a standing start until 6th gear is engaged and the vehicle is travelling at a speed of approximately 50 mph (80 kph), or more. An accelerator pedal angle between 25% and 30% must be maintained (check this using
the Scan Tool). After this, allow the vehicle to coast
and then bring it to a standstill within 60 seconds by applying minimal brake pressure. Repeat this procedure 10 times.
Step :
Shift quality assessment.
Old 11-28-2014, 11:12 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

workshop manual online i found, same as the one you can download from audi Audi Workshop Manuals. I am pretty sure 75K is the tranny fluid change out, if you change out your fluid, you would be nuts not to change the filter. Sealed for life means you are gonna need a tranny one day.
Old 12-02-2014, 07:22 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 928paul
I used ALL DATA.com it is about $17.00 a year (for each car). It tells me everything for fliud and flushing front and rear diffs transfer mod and transmission. Plus how much fliud in liters. So i have to convent it all in quarts for me. Plus all the simple DIY stuff like belts and pulleys.

ALLDATAdiy.com Leading Source of Factory Automotive Repair Information
Old 12-02-2014, 07:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by cue
I think this is what the OP was referring to (see attached pdf). I was wondering the same thing. I bought audicare, and am coming up on the 35K service. A search turned up this thread, so should it be an included in the service?
in 2011 correct for the change of fliuld, but this was taken away in 2014 rules for service now.

Audi-Maintenance-Schedule-Model-Year-2014.pdf
Old 12-02-2014, 09:13 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pretty Good write up for the 4.2 09D Tranny. It's on a Toureg but same transmission.

DIY TRANSMISSION FLUID CHANGE pics ATF - Club Touareg Forums
Old 03-14-2015, 09:28 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks

Quick Reply: Q7 Transmission Fluid change on 35k and 75k?