Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

Quality Annoyances

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2015, 07:00 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quality Annoyances

While I do love my Q7. Handling, speed, looks; I am increasingly becoming concerned about the attention to detail quality. A couple of weeks ago the dealership replaced the A piler cover because it was not a proper fit and kept coming out from the rubber seal at the frame.

Now yesterday I am cleaning the interior and find this gap where the leather is pulling away from under the rear left seat tilt button. If this the the quality that Audi is putting out, They need to take a hard look at their process. Getting quite concerned that this vehicle will hold up to for more than a few years before it starts to fall apart!

Anyone else experiencing these kinds of quality annoyances?

Old 08-03-2015, 07:49 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What year is your Q? I totally agree with you. I have a crack in the plastic frame on my rearview mirror, a crack in the plastic framing on my driver's side door. The plastic insert on the front S-Line grill keeps popping out. Although I can understand since mine is a 2009 and considered "old" here on the forum, it's still only 6 yrs old. I've experienced a lot of issues with my vehicle and soon, sad to say, I'll be trading it in.
Old 08-03-2015, 08:25 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Buckwheat2088
What year is your Q? I totally agree with you. I have a crack in the plastic frame on my rearview mirror, a crack in the plastic framing on my driver's side door. The plastic insert on the front S-Line grill keeps popping out. Although I can understand since mine is a 2009 and considered "old" here on the forum, it's still only 6 yrs old. I've experienced a lot of issues with my vehicle and soon, sad to say, I'll be trading it in.
2015 S-Line. Took delivery Nov 2014. Not even a year old 😕
Old 08-03-2015, 08:30 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Edit to the A pillar fix - NOT FIXED! Also what do you all day about the visible seat foam on the drivers seat?

Is this normal?

Old 08-03-2015, 08:59 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I have a 2013 sline prestige and I want to say its not normal as my Q7 interior is the way it is when I bought it. The only "problem" I've had and really it isnt a problem is a piece of one of the f's "chipping" off the on/off start button and I'd like to think that happened when I was cleaning it. And to your problems I would be furious after spending big money only to have parts of seats ripping.
Old 08-03-2015, 10:38 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by AtlantisBlue
2015 S-Line. Took delivery Nov 2014. Not even a year old 😕
Wow....yeah, I would let your dealership know you're not happy. You're good on warranty so I'd definitely have it all fixed. Issues with the leather is unacceptable.
Old 08-03-2015, 10:55 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by sbrar96
I have a 2013 sline prestige and I want to say its not normal as my Q7 interior is the way it is when I bought it. The only "problem" I've had and really it isnt a problem is a piece of one of the f's "chipping" off the on/off start button and I'd like to think that happened when I was cleaning it. And to your problems I would be furious after spending big money only to have parts of seats ripping.
I am not a happy camper for sure. I have sent an email to my service advisor detailing the issues, including pictures. I have also sent an email to Audi North America - Audi Loyality Team expressing my frustration and questioning Audi quality.

I do really love the way this car handles and the looks are very impressive. I am looking forward to the SQ7 as an upgrade in a few years. BUT, if I continue to have the car fall apart on me, I'll start to look at the MB family.
Old 08-03-2015, 12:41 PM
AudiWorld Member

To your picture showing the seat foam exposed, our '08 does the same thing. Not sure if that arrangement has been updated on the newer MYs, but on ours, there's actually a plastic u-tab attached to the seat cover and it is supposed to anchor around part of (presumably) the plastic seat trim housing the seat adjuster switches. I thought at one point I had gotten it re-attached, but it has opened up again and it doesn't bother me enough to keep messing with it- possibly making it worse.

I'm sure it is from the cyclic body weight loading of entry and exit, though it is my wife's daily and she's far lighter than I am (~200 vs ~120), so it's probably me that unseated the cover clip from it's anchor point.

Everything else just doesn't seem right- perhaps a Bratislavian Friday afternoon or Monday morning is to blame. Do you suppose that A-pillar could have a mis-packed airbag module keeping the trim from seating down completely? Just speculating....
Old 08-03-2015, 01:41 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by VAG-Fan1
To your picture showing the seat foam exposed, our '08 does the same thing. Not sure if that arrangement has been updated on the newer MYs, but on ours, there's actually a plastic u-tab attached to the seat cover and it is supposed to anchor around part of (presumably) the plastic seat trim housing the seat adjuster switches. I thought at one point I had gotten it re-attached, but it has opened up again and it doesn't bother me enough to keep messing with it- possibly making it worse.

I'm sure it is from the cyclic body weight loading of entry and exit, though it is my wife's daily and she's far lighter than I am (~200 vs ~120), so it's probably me that unseated the cover clip from it's anchor point.

Everything else just doesn't seem right- perhaps a Bratislavian Friday afternoon or Monday morning is to blame. Do you suppose that A-pillar could have a mis-packed airbag module keeping the trim from seating down completely? Just speculating....
Thanks for the feedback. Good point on the airbag seatment. I'm 210 so that might play into the seat issue; although I've not had that kind of problem with any of my previous Vehicles.
Old 08-03-2015, 03:32 PM
Ultimate Keyboard Warrior

Received 282 Likes on 202 Posts

Originally Posted by sbrar96
Common issue. I learned a lesson from my first Q7, and when I had the button replaced under warranty I had the dealer cover it with clear bra. After I purchased my next S5 and Q7 I immediately had the button covered with clear bra when the windows were tinted.

Quick Reply: Quality Annoyances