Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

Recently bought Audi Q7 2011, some technical questions, pls help.

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2015, 05:30 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Recently bought Audi Q7 2011, some technical questions, pls help.

Hi all,

I just bought a Audi Q7 2011 MY11 model with 100K on odo. we did a 1000km drive on the day itself we bought and we are very much like how it drives. Big car with nice handling and power. Though i found a few problems.

1. I cant seem to be activate the front parking sensors to work automatically. Every time i am parking in my garage i have to press the parking button in the dash in order to get the front sensors to activate. Is there an auto option to enable the front and park sensors work always, this is one with with reverse camera.

2. How to enable the center lock(activate all door locks while the car is moving) and window locks. I am afraid without this my 3yr old kid will open the door while moving.

3. is there a switch to open the rear sunroof blind? I can see a switch in the rear just infront of the rear sunroof but its not doing anything while i press. also with the switch in the front i can only open the rear sunroof, cant move the blinds automatically. Front/main sunroof working fine.

I have changed the door lights to shadow projector lights and it looks so cool. I have bought the below item and its delivered in a week
NEW 2X LED Welcome Laser Light Door Projector Lamp FOR Audi Q3 Q5 Q7 TT A1 A4 A5 | eBay
Attached Images  
Old 08-02-2015, 07:08 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 75 Likes on 67 Posts

My 2007's have child lock buttons on the driver door switch bank (otherwise, two door handle pulls will unlock the door if it is like my older Audis have been, never tried it in the Q7s). Also, there is a central locking option I believe under the car/setup menu on MMI.
Old 08-02-2015, 07:32 PM
Ultimate Keyboard Warrior

Received 283 Likes on 203 Posts

1. Do you mean when pulling into your garage front first? And in this case you want the sensors to work automatically? So, they would also go off every time you pulled up behind a car at a red light or stop sign?

2. In the MMI.

3. Above 3rd row? No--it's manual only.
Old 08-02-2015, 08:06 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by cuatrokoop
My 2007's have child lock buttons on the driver door switch bank (otherwise, two door handle pulls will unlock the door if it is like my older Audis have been, never tried it in the Q7s). Also, there is a central locking option I believe under the car/setup menu on MMI.
Ya i see the button in my driver door, but its not seems to be working, when i press it i can hear the click sound but still the other doors are able to open from inside, doors are locking only from outside, i will check the MMI tonight. thanks
Old 08-02-2015, 08:11 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Force-1
1. Do you mean when pulling into your garage front first? And in this case you want the sensors to work automatically? So, they would also go off every time you pulled up behind a car at a red light or stop sign?

2. In the MMI.

3. Above 3rd row? No--it's manual only.
1. Yes, i mean pulling into the garage front first. I have a tight space in the garage and these are very important to park. My accord to has it and its annoys sometimes if i am driving through the city, a pedestrian walks infront and its beeps, but i can live with that as i rarely go to city. In the signal i live a safe distance and it never beeps, its very handy in the shopping center parking lots as well. Any option to make the sensors to work automatically?

2. I will check that tonight.

3. Yes 3rd row, thought its automatic as i can see a switch above the second row seats just infront of that sunroof. it looks same as the one in the front buttons.
Old 08-02-2015, 09:50 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Front Parking Sensors-You have to manually activate them. Only the reverse gear position activates all round park sensors & rear cam. For forward motion, need to press the button. I'm not sure if left off, they passively monitor if you drive very dead close to somethng, will get someone go near the front ones to try.
Old 08-02-2015, 10:15 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Just like to share my experience on LED lighting for my Audi Q7 2013. So many members have guided me here on all kinds of matters, I'd like to impart back my experience.

Front and Rear Lighting-More often than not any conversion to LED will trigger Canbus errors.
Tested the below H11 LEDs, don't waste your time & money. With or without the error-free resistors.

LED Bulb & Canbus error-free resistor connector. Don't waste your effort. Canbus error stays

I resorted to getting some blue tinted "white light" halogen bulbs. They gave a much whiter shade to those yellow fog lights. All in all, the Audi system is notorious for zealous reporting of canbus errors. Use of LED for external lights have not been fruitful.

Blue tinted H11 halogen bulbs. Good result
Old 08-03-2015, 05:48 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 75 Likes on 67 Posts

The child locks only affect the back doors and windows. One switch does the driver side door and window, the other switch does the passenger side door and window. It disables the interior door handle and that specific door window switch. Trust me, they work, it annoys my 6 year old daughter to no end "uuuugggh, Dad, can you roll my window down please?"