Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

Sirius Radio selection missing

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2012, 03:11 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sirius Radio selection missing

I have a 2010 Audi Q7 and am having an issue with the MMI. I wanted to reactivate the Sirius subscription on the car, but you need the ESN for that.

No problem, I thought. HHowever, I went to radio and to band, but all I had listed was AM/FM. There was no Sirius option available. I even cracked open the manual, but it provided me with the same instructions.

I remember having a Sirius option on the Q, but don't know where it went or how to get it back. Can anyone help me out?
Thanks.
Old 07-08-2012, 05:23 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

info button
Old 08-05-2012, 01:48 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by cbrxxquad
info button
As helpful as this reply was, there was an actual issue with the MMI. Evidently, not hitting the info button was not the problem. There was a tech journal provided by Audi detailing the exact symptoms that I was experiencing.

The Sirius option was gone from my MMI in such a way that I had to fight with the service department at my dealership to convince them that my Q7 Premium Plus actually came with satellite radio installed from the factory, and it wasn't something I had done aftermarket.

In the end, they had to reflash my MMI with the latest version and the Sirius option reappeared. My Q7 spent 2.5 days in the shop for this issue.
Old 07-26-2014, 06:36 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Do you happen to know the version they reflashed your MMI with. I have the same issue and my dealer has given me the run around an has been absolutely no help. I've been asking for the update for a couple of years and have about had it with Audi service.

Thanks in advance.

Originally Posted by Jansport
As helpful as this reply was, there was an actual issue with the MMI. Evidently, not hitting the info button was not the problem. There was a tech journal provided by Audi detailing the exact symptoms that I was experiencing.

The Sirius option was gone from my MMI in such a way that I had to fight with the service department at my dealership to convince them that my Q7 Premium Plus actually came with satellite radio installed from the factory, and it wasn't something I had done aftermarket.

In the end, they had to reflash my MMI with the latest version and the Sirius option reappeared. My Q7 spent 2.5 days in the shop for this issue.
Old 11-18-2014, 03:07 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Could really use a reply here with some more details. Hate having to fight with the dealer and I'm having the same issue. Thanks.
Old 11-19-2014, 04:37 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I posted this under another thread, I felt it was Temp related and the Sirius module was goofing up -- since it timed with the plunge in temps this week. how has yours been since the flash and was that a freebie from the dealer?

****Previous Post****
I have a 2011 A6 I just purchased two weeks ago and now I am having the same issue (it started when the temp plunged this week).

When I start the car up yesterday morning all I got was AM and FM as options.

If I navigated to the screen to see the Sirius ESN, it was blank, like the car did not have it installed.

When I got to work I shut it off and opened the door, waited 60 seconds for the MMI to power down and restarted it -- and now I had Sirius on the list again and could listen to music.

This morning same thing, so I shut it off in the driveway, waited and restarted (its 22F outside)... nothing. Repeated the steps when I got to work and everything is fine again. I think the receiver module has some crappy soldier joints and needs a cleanup/fixing...

Anyone know how to reboot the 2011 MMI without waiting on the side of the road to get it to engage? Without the XM module you do not get traffic data in your Nav...

Thanks,

Dan
Old 11-24-2014, 01:20 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Hi there Magill. Eventually, I took it to the dealer I bought it from and told them my Sirius was not working. At first they denied the car had it installed. I had to bring my window sticker and a printout from the Audi website showing that my model came with Sirius radio. They then looked at the car and told me they replaced the sirius module. I haven't had an issue with it since so whatever they did worked.
Old 11-24-2014, 01:27 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Sorry, they reflashed the module, not replaced it. It had been a while. I do not know which version they flashed my mmi with, or the version I came from. The whole situation was ridiculous. I no longer associate with that dealership. Sorry I cant be if more help.