Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

Speech Dialog System

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2014, 07:58 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Speech Dialog System

Hello Everyone!

I am sure that you know this subject better. SDS in my Q7'08 is only working properly with BT phone, but no CD/ Radio/ Navi managing. Is this hardware or software problem? What should I do to solve it and to control all devices via SDS?

In addition to that, I can setup different phone language in the installed Audi phone but after car is switched off and started again, the language is set to default, means German but I prefer to have it in English.

I appriciate any type of advice and help, thanks!

Kind Regards
Paul
Old 09-19-2014, 01:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

There are two versions of SDS. One is built in to the BT module and controls just the phone, the other has its own speech module and controls all car functions. If you're not able to talk to your Nav system, then it sounds like you have the first one. To control all car functions, you would need to have the speech module installed.

Can't help on the phone language though.
Old 09-19-2014, 02:40 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thank you Dave for the explanation!

It seem to me that I have this simple version because it is not reacting to any commends apart those realated to the phone management.

With phone language I will try to search something in hiden green/ red menu, maybe there are same default settings. I have noticed that if the phone is out of the docking station, even it is off and started again it is not changing the language. If I install it in the dock it change language to German, so for sure MMI has priority with the language set-up. Any sugesstions more than welcome.

Best Regards
Paul